Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Does anyone feel not supported?

advertisement

Comments

• this site here so we can get support we need. Really for all Mods here that give your time to help out. I wish I had extended family support but when there's been divorce in the family there's still a rift between Mother and her siblings. Which is just passed on to us not having Aunt & Uncle or cousins support. But that's another story. Thanks for answering. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I'm sorry you're not getting much support from a few here but I'm here in case you need my support. Thanks for your pms also. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • advertisement
  • I'm lucky that my husband, most of my family, and friends are supportive. I've had total strangers ask if I'm ok because of the expression on my face. But none of them, except my dad, can understand living in pain every day. They try and offer to do anything at all to help. They forget that my nature is one that doesn't ask for help. My past made me into the person I am. I had to do for myself for fail in everyway. Sorry, going off topic here.

Just remember that we are here for you. I pray that we all are pain free one day. >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • I live with the judgement of my oldest daughter. She seems to think there is nothing wrong with me except that I am a crazy B**%*. I bet you she couldn't tell you what is actually wrong with me. It is so very frusterating. She is really the only one who is like that in my life, so I am trying to not let it bother me.
    I seem to have a hard time getting her to understand, but all she does is mock me. Believe me I could also be judgmental of her but I don't want to go down to her level.
    If she refuses to educate herself on this I can't help. I do have the support of everyone else in my life.
    Thank you for all the posts on this. I couldn't have discovered this site at a better time in my life.
    H
  • ...if every time she says something to you, you just look at her and smile and then move on. :?

• advertisement
  • Exactly the same thing! Exactly. Just smile and ignore her. I wonder is she around enough to ask her to help everytime you need a hand?

If she is adding to your stress level too much you may want to just steer clear. Stress only makes the pain worse.
  • try to do nothing for her that causes you pain. If you are pushing your self to do things while in so much pain that are for her, I would recommend that you stop doing them. I don't know how old she is so I'm assuming late teens or even young adult. Don't do her laundry, clean her room, cook a morsel of food, or anything that most moms would do. When she complains about it, tell her that you can't do it because of the pain you are in and your health conditions.

Maybe make her go to a doctor's appt with you and have the doctor educate her as well might help.

So sorry she's not there and helping you. We're all here for you. >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • My family is supportive and I feel blessed. They don't always understand what is going on but they are there for me
    Glad I found SH because it has given me a place to learn and share So I consider myself extremely lucky
  • Ty for all your comments. She doesn't live at home anymore she is 22 (and not very happy in her own life). She causes her greif by phone calls. I had to tell her I was going to hang up on her the other day because I didn't want to talk to her unless she had something nice to say to me. So she left the most nasty message on the answering machine. What a loser mom I am and when the going gets ruff I just hang up. (in differant words of course).
    I will also ask her to go to my next appointment with me. She needs some education. I don't think she will go though.
    Thank you all for your words of kindness i love it here.
    H
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Ever have anyone tell you that?? Don't you just love it?
advertisement