Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

home from surgery and hurtin for certain

ouchoouch Posts: 107
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Thank you for all your support, my spine health family! I am up at 3:56am hurting after surgery and wishin you all were awake. I go to bed pretty comfy but when i wake up later BLAM pain galore! Anyone else have that after surgery? (I just had my surgery on the 4th of March so this is new). Also, I hear a little bit of crud in my lungs (crackles for your medical-type folks). Hey my spiney friends wake up I need someone to talk to! *tootin da horn*

Love you guys so much for your friendship,
ouchie
advertisement

Comments

• That's great your home safe. I wish you less pain days ahead! You're up early and I'm just going to bed. I hope that cough gets better too. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Most of my pain is from the muscle spasms along with the throat pain. I had my surgery on the 3rd, so I'm one day before you. They gave me two weeks of pain meds and said I need to call for a refill if I need more.

In the hospital I was coughing up green gunk. Eeeewwww, gross. My lungs have been pretty clear since I've coughed it all up.

• advertisement
  • I hope you heal speedily also. That just isn't right about meds for only 2 weeks. I wonder if they expect that you're cured on day 14 so you won't need meds. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hey Ouch! I don't know where you live but I was up at around 2:00 am. The oral steroids kept me awake and a little bit of pain.

Enough about me. I am glad to hear that you are safely out of surgery. Sorry about the pain. Wishing you a speedy and smooth recovery.

Keep us updated.
  • So happy to see your replies! Thanks for the get well wishes too. Best medicine in da world ;o) thank you,
    ouchie
    Bubbles I think you are right bout the alarm. Geeze that was no fun wakin up to that much pain....grrrrrrrrrrrr
  • advertisement
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 1,033
    Hope your doing better with time, wish I could have kept you company while you couldn't sleep. It's hard to keep ahead of the pain with meds especially if you are sleeping well before it hits. Take care and hope to be chatting with you soon.
    Take care,
    Ranger
  • Isn't it the greatest feeling being home after surgery? I remember the night I was in the hospital I kept waking up and the first thing I'd think was "OMG, I'm going to have spine surgery". Then I'd realize I already did! LOL Our minds are so very strange sometimes.

Anyway, welcome home. I hope you'll have to change your name from "Ouch" soon. :D

Cath
  • Good luck in recovery, it gets better. The alarm to get the meds in on time will help you so much. Pain is something you must stay ahead of. Once you let it get too bad it is hard to get control back. My body seemed to wake me after 4 or so hours so I kept a water bottle and meds next to my bed so I wouldn't have to get up. Hang in there it gets better and if your lungs don't clear up call the doctor.
  • You are in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recover.
  • During my recovery I've watched lots of movies between two and five in the morning. It's not much fun being alone in pain.

I hope you feel better soon, and start sleeping comfortably through those lonely hours.
advertisement