Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

An Extra Bonus!

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,168
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:29 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
For those that use my.yahoo or similar web browser personalized machine, through RSS reads you can get Spine-Health articles (not posts) directly into your web page
I use my.yahoo and I have Spine-Health articles being feed into my setup every day. Its really good.
You can specify how many items (articles) to display and if you want the headline and summary, headline only, etc
Take a look at it, you will not be dissapointed
Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
advertisement

Comments

• Too bad the forums don't feed.Yahoo did a good job on their new page though I think.I have tons of feed on mine,even my old hometown newspaper...pretty cool :)))
  • Now I have yet one more reason to stay glued to my Blackberry.
  • advertisement
  • will you please explain the steps to make this happen? Are you talking about for use with a blackberry type device or can this be on our PC as well? I'm a little behind times and I never thought I would be computer illiterate, but definitely showing my lack of knowledge on this one.

cindy
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,168
    Ok, for starters I am not a phone person, a phone is two cans hung between two strings, and when the phone does ring, that is what answering machines are for.
    I may be the only person in the world without a cell phone!
    Blackberry, I would enjoy, but theres that phone thing in there too!

I used Spine-Health to set up my RSS Updates clickable right above where you can sign for the Spine-Health newsletter.

From there it will prompt you to which application for RSS Feeds do you want the Spine-Health articles to go to.
    I am using My Yahoo. It is simple. I have about 10 articles that show up on my Yahoo when they are updated.

Hope that helps
  • Ron,
    I have been on this site for over 2.5 years and have clicked on the doctor written articles before and it always takes me to old (very old) articles. Once in a while I will see a title pop up on the main page that I click, and even then it is to an old article.

I just clicked the RSS feed link at the top right corner and it pulls up a lot of articles written in the past few days. Where do we find these articles?

I consider myself fairly computer literate, and if I have missed these, how many other people are missing them. Maybe it is the design of the main page, but I can't find these recent articles. What a wealth of information I am missing. The titles of the articles I find when I click the rss link look to be very informative. HELP! Someone needs to make the general membership of htese boards aware of how to access them. In the past you said that the forums are only part of this place, and I have checked to find a few articles, but never stumbled on this much.

There has to be a way to feed them to a page where we can access them easily.

Cindy
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • advertisement

1- Click on RSS Updates
    2- Next screen
    Spine-Health - Back Pain: Trusted Information for Pain
    Relief syndicated content powered by FeedBurner

3- Over on the right you can Subscribe to several different
    webbased news readers. You click your choice.
    They included: MyYahoo, MyAOL, Googble, etc

4- Click on your choice (for me Its MyYahoo) and that should bring up My Yahoo with today's current articles. There should be two popups, 1- The summary of articles from Spine-Health and 2- The option to Keep the articles or cancel.

5- Once there, you can customized it to how many articles to display, how old they should be and if you want just the headline or headline and summary.

6- At that point, this Spine-Health RSS Feed is ready to in you MyYahoo and will be updated automatically

• I understand how to get the RSS feeds, but for those of us who just want to view these online in THIS website, how do we access them?

If the only way to get to them is through the RSS link, please design some way to make them more noticable to the general membership, if that is possible.

Cindy
    Cindy, as much as I can remember native Drupal doesnt have the RSS support inline. I believe there are addons to make it feedable.
    I am assuming you are looking for RSS feeds directly from the Patient forums and not from the Spine-Health articles
  • Not from the forums. I would like to have access to these wonderful articles that are obtainable via rss feeds. Are they available to the general membership here who doesn't have my yahoo or something like that. How can we mainstream the articles to be accessible for all to read right here on spine-health? Maybe they are already here and I just can't find them...

Cindy
  • Man have my eyes been closed this whole time or what? I've heard you talk about all the "peer reviewed articles" and I've read several, but the links I followed previously were limited to just a few articles, and honestly I wasn't very impressed. Now I have just discovered what you have tried to help us see all of this time. Am I the only one who has been blind to the MANY articles available here?

Cindy

advertisement