Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

New Here

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,322
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Maybe someone can help me here. Heres my story. I was fat once a few years ago lost alot of weight. With weights, diet, cardio, abdominals and posture(sitting up straight). Now I am fat, I bulked to gain strength the following years, with propper form though. My lower/upper back pain shifts. This morning it was upper/middle pain. I like sleeping on a firm mattress. My bed sux along with soft pillows I have. I haven't worked abs in a long time or done cardio consistantly. I am considering heading to the doctor to get a prescription to help alleviate some of the pain since non of the oct drugs work for my anymore? Now I feel that once I start focusing on losing fat, cardio and nutrition more with straightening out my posture it will be an immense help. However my lifestyle at the moment has become so hectic and no $$$ with this economy in the search for employment I have to suffer. Anyone have an ideas I am open. I have been avoiding the doctor cause all those narcotics can be very hard on the liver, not to mention screw with my colon making me constipated. Honestly all I dream about lately is inserting a needle of narcotic in my back to alleviate the pain. Any advice would be helpful, Thanks.
advertisement

Comments

• I would find a pain management Dr provided you have had an MRI. If not you should get one MRI. Some of us suffer from weight gain and looking for ideas to lose weight. Portion size is important as well as foods you eat. Good luck. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • charry said:
    I would find a pain management Dr provided you have had an MRI. If not you should get one MRI. Some of us suffer from weight gain and looking for ideas to lose weight. Portion size is important as well as foods you eat. Good luck. Charry
    I have forgotten about an MRI.
  • advertisement
  • I agree an mri is important so they can identify where the prob is. make sure it is a total spine mri though.

i say that as sometimes the symptoms dont always match the expected problem area.

my symptoms indicated L3-5 problem, but it was my t9/10 that had herniated.

always go for the full scan where poss, just to be sure.

good luck