Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Broken titanium rod on spine

Comments

• I have a broken titanium rod as well.  Or as the doctor put it, "you popped a cap!"  No clue how or when I did it.  I just know that I got this info on MY BIRTHDAY!  Now I'm back to being extremely careful.  Doc knows how hard it was to get me into surgery the first time, so he's opted to "watch" for a year and see how things go.  Of course if it gets worse before that year is up, then he'll have me back in to have it fixed.  I've pretty much figured that I'll never ride my horses again.  The slightest bend and/or stretch causes me great pain.  All I can really do is walk.  On flat smooth terrain without carrying anything!  Anything else, when not careful, causes me sharp stabbing pain.  It's not fun and people think that just because I look just fine on the outside that I can't be hurting.  They just don't understand and figure that I just don't WANT to do anything, not that I CAN'T do anything.  It's really frustrating.  
  • I was wondering siillyy2000 when your surgery was? Do you know what date range it was for the affected recall? 
  • advertisement
  • Hi julianalconte, I believe it was 2009 but I'd have to look. But it would be March 4 2009. The recall went into effect in September of 2009. With doctors getting the notifications that same month. I believe it was 85 kits that were defective and installed. I have a lawyer working on my case. Since the manufacturing admitted there was a defect and sent out notices they know they are at fault. But suing a big company takes time. Feel free to email me if you'd like. 

• I was wondering siillyy2000 when your surgery was? Do you know what date range it was for the affected recall? 

March 2009. Defect was in effect for 85 kits. The recall went out in September to doctors. All the kits had already been installed. Get a lawyer . Be sure that the series number is in your chart so that they can see that it matches the batch that was installed. I have a nice lawyer which has made this easier. But having no life anymore is still something I can't to use to. I'm always sad and miss the things I use to love to do. My life is filled with boring. 

Feel free to email me if you'd like
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.