Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

Bulging disc/wc now what do I do?

sprittosspritto Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everyone,
I am so glad I found this forum, i see alot of ? being asked and good advice following.
so with that, I was injured at work and it took wc and ortho Dr. only 6 months to finally allow me to have an mri. the wc/guy called to let me know he set up another appt with orth dr. a month after mri and that i have no ruptured disc only a bulge and some other signs of aging.....what! then why do i hurt so bad. I walk with pain 24/7 and fear of falling from the worst electrical shooting pain in my back that goes down my leg. it takes my breath away and i have gone to my knees 2x so far i have been able to catch myself and lean on something or someone. they have me on lite duty so i'm still trying to work by wed i hurt so bad i go home crying and knowing I still have thursday and fri to go. I do nothing all weekend just go to church, lunch w/mil,son and spouse and come home take more meds and sit on heating pad or use my tends unit on high. So I guess what I'm trying to ask is (wiping tears away) what should i be doing to get the right treatment or help? I'm in tampa bay area of fl. I have never had anyone close to me deal with wc so... thanks in advance, if nothing else just for letting me share.
advertisement

Comments

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. please do not believe that you cannot have pain with your diagnosis. you know you do and that is what matters. :? not all pain shows up on an MRI. there are some good nerve pain medications out you might want to try for the pain in your legs. please talk to your doctor about this. :-C i am so glad you decided to stop by! please make yourself at home!! good luck as you seek pain relief. remember, there is a doctor out there who will care for you.. don't give up!! :D Jenny :)
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. please do not believe that you cannot have pain with your diagnosis. you know you do and that is what matters. :? not all pain shows up on an MRI. there are some good nerve pain medications out you might want to try for the pain in your legs. please talk to your doctor about this. :-C i am so glad you decided to stop by! please make yourself at home!! good luck as you seek pain relief. remember, there is a doctor out there who will care for you.. don't give up!! :D Jenny :)
  • advertisement
  • lulusheart said:
    hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. please do not believe that you cannot have pain with your diagnosis. you know you do and that is what matters. :? not all pain shows up on an MRI. there are some good nerve pain medications out you might want to try for the pain in your legs. please talk to your doctor about this. :-C i am so glad you decided to stop by! please make yourself at home!! good luck as you seek pain relief. remember, there is a doctor out there who will care for you.. don't give up!! :D Jenny :)
    Thank you so Much.
  • I would tell your Dr the terrible pain you're having at work and say you just can't do it. They shouldn't make you work when you're not well and not stable with pain meds. One question disability asked how the meds make you feel. Spacy can't concentrate. If you're on lyrica for leg pain that may make you not able to work as well as pain pills. Do you have a Pain Management Dr? who may help with injections and meds. Having that extreme pain is not a normal part of aging in the sense that you need injections and adequate meds and not be working making it worse until you get injections or meds. If you have a union call them and they'll help you with this. Take care Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Have you tried anything like physiotherapy or see a chiropractor? Accupuncture may give you some relief as well. Ask your doctor, and keep on him about trying different venues for conservative care, nobody should have to live with pain, without trying everything to get that relief, and being on pain medication all the time is not easy either. There is lots of information on this site, check it out, and bring some suggestions to your doctor. Just know you're not alone!! Take care and good health!!
    Smiley ;)
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • advertisement
advertisement