Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I hope someone can alleviate some fears for me

advertisement

Comments

• OOPS!!! I made a typo before.. What I meant to say was my NS told me that c1-c2 ISNT very common. I male a lot of typos..I try to catch them but some manage to slip past :)

LOL.. you are SO right about peoples misconception about a chefs work. Most chefs work on salary and by the time you figure out the hours worked compared to the money made you start to wonder.. ummm..ok... isnt there a minimum wage law thats being violated here???? And yes!! The is a ton of stress involved but I am kind of weird. I function better under stress than I do if everything is calm. Dont get me wrong..I love my work.. but there are times when I wonder if i shoukd have become a cowboy instead.

Tuscany Italy!!!Impressive. Talk about an excellant place to learn the 'old style' of Italian cooking. I have all the Touch of Tuscany cookbooks. Italian is one of my specialties.

• Now Now.. no pushing.. Theres cheesecake for everyone..lol
    Wow.. I'm sorry to hear it took so long for your problem to get fixed.. that must have been a pretty long year with that kind of pain. Its only been 2 weeks for me and I'm starting to get very annoyed..lol
    I hope everything is better now and you are pain free :)
  • advertisement
  • LOL.. that was to funny because when i first seen the deer in the yard i went in and told my room mate, Joy about them. She grabbed her digital camera and went racing outside. She's whistling to them and trying to get them to come nearer saying come here little babys.. aremnt you cute?? and I'm standing there saying.. Come here little babys.. its time for dinner!! =P~ arent you yummy?? She didnt seem to appreciate the humor.

I have been to the Battle of Little Big Horn too. All I can say is Custer was an idiot. I stood tight where he did and looked at the painting of what he would have seen. My thoughts would have been.. Uhhh... I dont think so.. Lets go fishing. I agree that the ambiance there is amazing. I hear that on Halloween they have a midnight hay ride thru the battle ground. THAT would be an experience . I'm planning on being there this Halloween to check it out.

I think I know why my elbow hurts so much. Its making all these cheesecakes..lol.. But thats ok.. the group here is well worth it. :D
  • You all can have the cheesecake - I don't like it. Odd, I know. HOWEVER, Chef, I could use something with both chocolate and peanut butter in it. Whatcha got? :-)

Are you feeling better about your situation? As you can see, if you post anything about food, you're bound to get a ton of responses.

Cath
  • You dont like cheesecake??? Hmmm.. ok.. do you like Reese's peanut butter cups? I have a pie thats just like one that I came up with. it taste just like a reese's but better because its a lot bigger :)

Been sitting here for an hour on the phone with ask a nurse.. been on hold.. my arm is killing me and my hand is so numb its all but useless.
  • advertisement
  • Welllll.. Today I was taking a bath and when i tried to get up my legs went very weak. I had to use the towel rack to pull myself up..My legs were shaking like a new born calfs they were so weak. That totally freaked me out. I got dressed and went outside to have a smoke. Going up tye stairs was a chore. My legs were all shakey and I had to use the handrail to get to the top. I tallked to a friend and she suggested I call Ask A Nurse and see what they thought. So I did.. took me 3 hours to finally get thru to a nurse. I told her the whole story about when it started.. my acdf problems in the past and when i told her about the weakness in my legs she said.. Oh No! And then told me to get to the ER immediatly. My friend took me and the doctor there told me that I have a severe case of tennis elbow that is causing the terrible pain in my arm and that I apparently also had an inflammation in the cervical area that was compromising a nerve root. And that is what was causing the numbness in my hand and weakness in my legs. I asked if he was sure it wasnt a herniation and he said it could be. But even if it was it was still around the nerve root and that there was no indication of spinal cord compression. THAT was a huge relief to hear!!! Gave me a huge shot for the pain and a script for steroids to take away the inflammation. Told me to follow up with my PCP on Monday anyway and my pcp could set up PT and the meds I need to try to fix me without surgery, At least I now know that the cord isnt veing damaged....that is a huge relief :)
  • I'm sorry to hear your having some weakness in your legs as well as arm pain. I can relate to the terrible tennis elbow. I had pain and numbness 2 years ago again after lifting someone. I was on anti-inflammatories and muscle relaxants. I went to physio and for the first time instead of just getting treatment to my arm she gave me ultrasound at the base of my skull and my cervical spine and did this wonderful traction with me laying down with my head in her hands and she gently pulled at the base of my skull and released my neck. When she was doing the manual traction my arm pain and numbness almost disappeared. After a few of those the arm pain was better. I still have numbness in my left fingers but still able to type. Anyway my problems now are lumber sacral and this just reminds me to ask my Dr for an MRI of my neck. My leg problems are resolving I'm sure with time and the epidurals. I go again for my 5th epidural and facet joint injections.Good luck with seeing your Pain Management Dr and hope it helps including physio. I'll take a slice of the Reeses's pieces pie. I love PB. :))( Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I hope the epidural helps Thursday for you. I've had steroid injections for the epidurals and they've helped. I also have had facet joint injections that have provided relief. Good luck Thursday Charry
    PS To post where more will see your post look to the column on your left where it says forum topic or create content or post. Then you'll get more replies.
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • No, I hate to admit that I don't like cheesecake, hot dogs or root beer. Sounds like I wasn't born in America, but I really was. Really.

Yes, please, bring on the reese's pb pie. YUMMY!!!

I can't believe that it took you three hours on ask-a-nurse. That had to hurt. I'm very glad you went to the ER and got some good news. Now, just get that confirmed with your doc and it's on to conservative measures.

Hoping you're having a pain-free day, Chef.
    Cath
  • Charry, I get ultrasound and manual traction @ pt, and I believe it is called myofacial release...but I have been hurting even more from this type of treatment. I get bad pain, especially around my left side of the neck/shoulder. I wonder if this is because it is causing my muscles to aggravate??? Just interesting to see that it makes you feel better versus me worse!!

Chef: I'm glad you went in to the ER to get checked out. You never know what is going on when you get those strange symptoms. Take care,
    Amy
advertisement