Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

wanting info on dilauid pain pumps?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,082
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Pain Management
I HAVE HAD 11 LUMBAR AND 3 CERVICAL SURGERIES SINCE JAN. 1985 TO AUG. 2005 BEING MY LAST SURGERY.I HAVE BEEN THE GAUNTLET OF PAIN MEDS,FROM LORTAB TO 80MG OXYCONTIN.AFTER YRS OF UNBEARABLE PAI,I HAVE DECIDED I WANT TO TRY THE PAIN PUM.AS THE ORAL MEDS ARE NOT DOING ENOUGH.THE PROBLEM IS IN FINDING A DR. THAT WILL DO THIS FOR ME.I REFUSE TO HAVE FURTHER NERVE BLOCKS,EPIDURALS.THEY NEVER HELPED WHATSOEVER.CAUSING MORE PAIN AT TIMES.THE RHIZOTOMY IS NOT GOING TO BE DONE TO ME EITHER.
I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM PATIENTS THAT HAVE THE PAIN PUMP AND THE SUCCESS OR DRAW-BACKS TO IT.THIS,I FEEL IS MY LAST OPTION.I AM TIRED OF TRYING TO STRETCH PILLS OUT AND ENDURE THE PAIN.THIS IS RIDICULOUS TO ME.I LIVE BY WATCHING THE CLOCK UNTIL I CAN TAKE FURTHER MEDS.IT HAS ABOUT DRIVEN ME MAD DOING THIS.I HAVE NO LIFE WITHOUT HAVING MY PAIN CONTROLLED.WHY IS IT THAT DRS. WANT TO DO EVERYTHING BUT PROPERLY TREAT THE SEVERE PAIN ISSUES?I FEEL I HAVE BEEN USED BY DRS. FOR THEIR FINANCIAL GAIN BY PERFORMING THESE USELESS TREATMENTS.I JUST WANT PROPER MEDS TO CONTROL MY PAIN,TO WHERE I CAN LEAD A SOMEWHAT NORMAL LIFE AND ENJOY IT ALSO.HAS ANYONE BEEN TREATED LIKE THIS. I FEEL AS IF I HAVE TO BEG TO GET THE MEDS I DO RECEIVE.
IF THERE IS ANYONE OUT THERE THAT COULD GIVE ME SOME IDEA ON WHERE TO GO TO BE TREATED AS A HUMAN BEING INSTEAD OF A JUNKIE.WHICH I AM NOT.
I APPRECIATE ANY AND ALL REPLIES.
SUFFERING IN MI.
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to SH :H . I understand your frustration and have been down a similar path as you. Have you tried using the physician search option on this site? You put in your zip code to find a pain mgt doctor in your area, and then you can call or look at their website to see what services they provide.

Thankfully I have been offered to try out an intrathecal pump after having failed different treatments, including 2 surgeries. Now I have permanent nerve damage and scar tissue compressing the sciatic nerve which has really complicated matters and made life even harder for me. I can't tolerate doing anything and I spend my days in bed mostly laying on ice packs and taking pain meds.

I have already gone the spinal injection route and all they have done is cause more pain and misery. I don't think my doctor is going to impose them on me anymore. I hope you find a doctor who will offer to do an SCS or pump so that you can live a better life. Take care and please let us know what happens.
  • Hi Andy,
    Boy have I been where you are! Feeling like a junkie and drs making you beg for a few little pills. I finally found a dr that gave me the highest amount of pain meds allowed but I was still in pain..bottles of narcotics and still in pain, it was crazy.
    The thing that saved me was moving to another state. I looked in the phone book and found a "Pain Clinic". A friend of mine had mentioned how her life had changed when her dr. put her on Methadone. I mentioned it to my new dr at the pain clinic and we tried it, my life has not been the same! It was amazing. I got off all the major drugs I was on and am just taking 2 for pain. I have Peripheral Neropathy and one of the pills I take is Neurontin for nerve pain. I also had the Spinal Cord Stimulator implanted and that's really been a life saver. I won't kid you, the surgery for the stimulator wasn't real fun but I'm so glad I did it. Maybe you could ask your dr about Methadone and give it a try, it's even cheap! :o)
    All kidding aside, the methadone and the stimulator have made my life worth living again. I hope you find a good dr or at least a pain clinic where they understand what you're living with!
    All my Best,
    Robyn
  • advertisement
  • I HAD AN APPOIMTMENT MON. AND THE DR AGREED THAT AFTER ALL THE PROCEDURES AND DIFFERENT MEDS I HAVE TRIED,THE PAIN PUMP IS THE ANSWER.I AM AWAITING FOR APPROVAL FROM MEDICARE FOR THE TRIAL PUMP TO BE TRIED.HOPEFULLY THIS IS THE ANSWER I HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR.LIFE SURELY IS NOT VERY PRODUCTIVE IN MY PRESENT STATE.
    I APPRECIATE ALL OF THE REPLIES FROM YOU ALL.I JUST WISH THAT THE PHONE CALL WOULD HURRY AND COME.THE DR. SAYS THAT I WILL BE GETTING A PUMP THAT CONTROLS FULL BODY PAIN.WHATEVER THAT MEANS.I GUESS SINCE I HAVE MULTIPLE AREAS OF PAIN,FROM THE ARMS,NECK,BACK AND BOTH LEGS,THIS IS THE PUMP FOR ME.ANY AND ALL FEEDBACK ON THE PUMPS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
    I HOPE AND PRAY THAT EVERYONE GETS THE RELIEF THEY NEED.AS I KNOW HOW PAIN HAS CONTROLLED MY LIFE.
    ANDY
  • I HAD THE TRIAL PUMP PUT IN WED. MORNING.SO FAR IT IS A BLESSING.THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAD WAS FROM THE TERRIBLE POSITION THEY HAD ME IN ON THE OPERATION TABLE.IT JUST ABOUT KILLED MY LEGS AND NECK.TODAY I DO FEEL LOTS BETTER THO.
    IF ANYONE HAS ANY DETAILS ON HOW LONG AFTER THE TRIAL PERIOD,BEFORE THE PERMANENT PUMP IS PUT IN,PLEASE LET ME KNOW. MANY THANKS.
    ANDY
advertisement