Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Burning pain after Radio Frequency Ablation to Neck (RFA)

Comments

• I tried Topamax for a couple years and it worked pretty well but it made me so stupid. I also tried Botox and that worked for a couple years.  My RFA worked.  It's a tricky thing and also depends on how well the doc did the procedure. Maybe try a new doc?  I hope you find relief.  Its is a miserable way to live.  And maybe you should move here to Colorado.  I hear the edibles work wonders.  I'm not into it myself, but I say try it.
    Best of luck to you.  
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    hello kmc1981!
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    hello kcoxriede!
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• knuckledraggerkknuckledragger Kansas City Posts: 4
    I have had radiofrequency ablation  done on C2- C3- C5-C6 T3 T-4 T-5 T6 T7 T8 T9 T10 and T12 I have compression fractures at these levels from osteoporosis due to cancer. I am 45ys old and before this was in good condition health wise. I had RFA done every two weeks for 21 months with some little pain relief in my neck but by the time we finished and the pain was not going away and the pain in my neck was back. I was told that RFA often takes 2 or 3 sometimes even four burns to fully work  because the nerve endings will reattach until they are fully destroyed and it does not happen on the first burn. Prolonged effects of this is horrible. PLEASE look at a chart of what the nerves coming from your spine do there are millions of nerves that any one of will need to be burned to relive your pain but does another job as well.
    I have lost my hearing and I am almost blind. I have lost a lot of my motor function to my arms hands legs and feet. When I asked my pain management what the next step was he wanted to do RFA again. I said NO look I am in just as much not if more pain but now I am deaf wearing hearing aids I am blind and I don't work anymore like I used too. He put me on a fentanyl patch 150mg at this point I went home and put it on that night and about 3 am woke up so sick more sick than chemo ever made me. Called the next day and asked my Dr if I could please get something LESS STRONG and I was fired as a patient 
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.