1. First, is this a bad rupture? Is it even a rupture or just a super buldge/herniation?http://www.spine-health.com/forum/sciatica-leg-pain-radiculopathy/my-lumbar-mris
My doc didn't tell me and I don't see a NS for 2 more weeks.
2. My pain has subsided considerably. Sometimes I forget something is wrong. But I still have to move carefully and mornings are a bit sore. I'm taking 3, 800mg ibuprofens a day, spaced 8 hours apart. I don't want to risk any swelling.
3.Is it possible my nucleus is softer than normal and isn't pushing hard on the nerve (assuming it's a rupture)? I've heard that when you get older the nucleus can calcify. Is the normal consistency like jello or crabmeat?
4. Has anyone ever used an inversion table to stretch out their back? Is it dangerous?
5. How does the annulus rupture? Is it a hole, a side to side tear, or an up/down tear. And what keeps the rest from just gushing out?
6. I would really like for this to heal on its own and pretend this never happened. haha. God willing. This has scared me enough that I vow never to move heavy things ever again. Will this vow ultimately save my back or am I doomed to someday repeat this no matter what I do?
Answer 1 or 2 if you know.