Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

L5 S1 Laser surgery

advertisement

Comments

• 44 years old and tired of the pain, I have been out of work this time for 6 weeks now. everytime my back goes out I am out longer. I also have the L5 S1 had surgery 18 months ago and obviously it didn't work well here I am again. Tried epidural shots again and they didnt help much either. Went to a seminar last week about laser surgery in Scottsdale AZ. Sounds great but looking for more information

Thanks for any info
  • I am looking into one of the laser treatment centers in Dallas to repair my bulging discs (spinal compression) and bone spurring. It is covered under my insurance as far as can tell... I can PM with the actual website. They don't go into the exact 'technical' wording or details of their procedures on their website, so I kind of want to make an appt. just to see exactly what they do. Supposedly, it is even less minimally invasive then most minimally invasive procedures because it they do not use any kinda of retractor and the incision is only about 3 mm. So there is minimal/to no muscle/tissue damage. This is not the procedure where they go through your sacral hiatus to repair discs though... looked into them too and decided not really worth the risks of nicking my spinal cord.
  • advertisement
  • please be sure and do a SH search engine on "Laser spine surgery" you will find lots of info and posts about the procedure.. :D good luck. Jenny :)