Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Back to work on Monday

Amanda LAAmanda L Posts: 22
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well, Monday I go back to work. I will be on light duty for 90 days. I have been feeling really good since I got out of water therapy. Land therapy is going really well. Since the weather has been nice here in unpredictable Ohio, I have been walking 2 times a day.

I am nervous about returning to work. Wondering if I can last 8 hours on my feet. I know that I can take breaks if I have too, and I will. But, still I am nervous. My boss is really nice, and understanding.

I haven't had to take any pain pills in over a week. Since I stopped the water therapy I feel so much better.

I go 5/1/09 for a cat scan, last cat scan 3/03/09 showed new bone growth. So am praying and keeping my fingers crossed that this cat scan will be good news also.

All these post have been very helpful to me. You all have been thur so much. I have learned alot just by reading these post.
Thanks so much for helping.
advertisement

Comments

• I don't remember what kind of surgery you had Amanda, but in any case, going back to work is a big step. If you have a sitting job, try to get up and walk around every hour os so for a few minutes. A good ergonomic chair is a must. You may find that you are tiring sooner that before, that is expected, if possible rest for a few minutes before you get too tired. At home, you probably need to take it easy for a while, until you regain your strength.

Good luck,

Kin

• Amanda. Great news that you're feeling so much better! I wonder what about the water therapy was bothering you? Maybe it was timing. Let us know how work goes. I imagine you'll be pretty wiped out at first, don't push too hard.
  • advertisement
  • I hope you enjoy your job again. It's good to get into the swing of it. Still it's hard because you just want to do more sometimes but hope you continue light duties. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Well as expected the first week back was very rough. Was so tired when I got home. No new pain, so that is good. Following my restrictions, don't want to mess anything up. Hopefully this week goes better.
  • Amanda L said:
    Well as expected the first week back was very rough. Was so tired when I got home. No new pain, so that is good. Following my restrictions, don't want to mess anything up. Hopefully this week goes better.
    Based on my experience, the first week is the roughest and you should feel better each week as time goes on.
  • advertisement
advertisement