Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Where am I and how did I get here, things were so good before.

advertisement

Comments

• tamtamttamtam Posts: 2,748
    edited 10/25/2012 - 4:38 AM
    Bob,

YOu need to read your pm box, before you post again. If you don't know where it is, click on the top of the page and you will see a tab called my "my inbox".
  • Bob in the forestBBob in the forest Posts: 287
    edited 11/03/2012 - 1:46 PM
    Storms to the north but not here. Just the edge of the storm is passing over. Makes the joints hard to move then winter is going to make the whole body to move. Been working in the cellar getting that into a nice work shop. The more I do the more space I have and the more I can do. Good that I have that lean going on when I stand up because the ceilings 5'5" and I'm 5'9". I have that much lean going on. I try standing up the best I can. I'll get in a door way and push myself up. Doesn't last at all.

Edited as a result of Flagged as Offensive
  • advertisement
  • I wish you could get free food for the animals you feed and wish somehow you could get donations for them. I hope you can get some gold if you pan. I think it would be fun if I knew there was real gold in the river! I don't think its a good idea to have a workshop if you cant stand up right unless you would be sitting down.
    Maybe you can get some pet food at the food bank? Well take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • So far, the last two storms have dropped rain on us. We are supposed to get another storm on Thursday. Everytime the barometric pressure changes, I start hurting. I need to call my PM and schedule another injection in my left SI. I need one in my right SI also, as well as the bursa in my right hip. I worry about getting too much steroids at any one time.

We have been visited by a new critter lately. It has been digging out the flowers in my pots. I just planted the pots with new potting soil and new seedlings, so I don't think that there are any grubs or bugs to attract them.

Our deer have been unhappy because the pickers are out in the olive orchards to the North. We had more then 20 deer in our front yard, wandering around, afraid to go to the pond next door,because it is next to the orchard with the pickers. The pickers were yelling back and forth and playing loud music. I felt so sorry for the deer.
    I have Ankolysing Spondylits, Ulcerative Colitis, DDD and a bit of OA to make things fun. Most of my problems are due to inflation of many joints, tendons and ligaments. I see a GP, a Rheumatologest, an orthopedic Dr and a wonderful PM.
  • Well, that storm wasn't so bad, not anything like "Superstorm Sandy." I did get hail yesterday but not enough to get the ground white. They got 20 inches up the mountain so the resorts are open at Tahoe. Been rather cool outside and inside. Insides just me reacting to the storm. Have those achy breaky bones and joints days. The parts don't feel so good. When I was feeding the kitties this morning the kitties water was frozen solid. Just fed the foxes. They are doing pretty good but only one mother and her baby came by last night. I was able to hand a piece of cheese to one of my raccoons and it took it with those little biddy hands. I can't complain, it could be worse. Could have been in the "Superstorm Sandy." That's a new word "Superstorm" and "Extreme Weather." Extreme Weather sounds like a new sport Too bad it's a storm or temperature that you need to survive. Day to day weather that you can die from has to be extreme. Because it got down to freezing last night the leaves are really falling from the trees.

Been working with the computers lately. Still scanning slides from the 1950's before I was born that my parents took. Interesting seeing the styles and hair cuts. Working between a couple computers. Each scan takes some time to complete. I'll run over to this computer and do something until I hear the one noise in the scanner. I'm scanning all the slides at 3600 DPI as a TIFF and JPG. The TIFF files are 40 to 50 megs each. I've been to some of the places that my parents went. I don't remember going to all the churches. They sure went out of their way to visit churches. They went to a bunch of religious places in Canada. I think it was called St. Joseph's. They went to the falls. I went with them to the falls when I was about 8. I can see how it was built up from the 1951 to when I went there around 10 years later. My mother labeled each slide. I'd never know who some of the people are without it. Don't know who left the finger prints. They was a real nice shot but it had something in the clouds a finger print. Was trying to take it out with Photoshop but that's too much work.

Wonder if peoples joints wear out about the same. Got my funky knees. Doctor said it looks like a couple screws are loose going into my hips. Well, not going to worry about that because I can't do much. It would just stress me out if I started thinking about it constantly. My wrists are funky along with my fingers. I guess all that walking and running when I was young has some drastic effects.Well, there's not much I can do about it. This low pressure and cold weather has me hurting. I was just going through my times I took pills today. I can take one more pain pill. Take an ibuprofen too. Don't remember if I took a stool softener so take one of those too.

I was up to 5AM last night scanning slides and watching movies. I don't remember what day it was that I was up to 7AM scanning slides. I did 120 scans that night, that was 60 slides. I could be scanning them at a lower res. but if I'm going to do it I might as well scan them at the highest res. the scanner can do. Not sure what's up with my HP flatbed scanner. I can't get it to trigger and scan. he computer can't see it and trigger the scanner to warm up. I plugged it into Linux computer and it worked fine. I didn't even have to pick out a driver like i did with Windows. I had to install a CD with all sorts of stuff. Alright, fine entertainment on TV tonight. American Dad will get me laughing. I don't have to even watch it the vocals are funny enough. Better move to the slide scanning computer and work over there so I can glance over at the TV. Need a cup of coffee too. I can't believe what I did at the store the other day. I bought whole coffee beans. I thought it was already ground coffee. I'm going to have to go back and grind it. I really need to get a bean grinder. I didn't have very good luck with my past grinders. One the chopper blade broke off and I couldn't fix it. I got another grinder and that one burned a fuse out. I jumpered the fuse and it kept going until the blade broke. I took a motor out of the first one and put it into the second one. That got me through another year. Then the blade broke again. I guess you get what you pay for. I think I only paid $15 dollars for the grinder new. I just haven't had an extra $15 buck. All my money goes for cat food. the deer are here eating cat food. What one deer will eat is the same as all the raccoons.

Gee's, 7:30PM how long is this day going to be. Feels like it's about 11 PM. Found a couple cool Microsoft programs. I went to install "Photosynth" and it installed "Microsoft Image Composite Editor." I spent a few hours last night going through the photosynth images they have online. They are really cool. The high res. pictures are really something they have such great details. I started stitching a bunch of pictures together. They weren't going to be stitched together but were close enough where I could stitch them together. They worked and so I did several of them. Today I took the camera out and shot a hundred photos every 10 degrees. They all over lap a little bit. Wasn't perfect still getting the hang of it.

My buddies are here. Well better watch them for a while. I really like watching them they really relax me so much. I like the kitties but these guys are really special. They grew up under the house. I'd hear the crying when mom when for food. They get to the edge of the porch and look up at me in the window. I wave and smile and they take that as come and eat. They sure are something special. I know why I'm tired I didn't sleep to much last night only from 5AM to 9AM and a couple cat naps. I should get to be early tonight.

Smiles
    Bob, still in the forest
  • advertisement
  • Bob in the forestBBob in the forest Posts: 287
    edited 12/25/2012 - 3:14 PM
    Just another rainy day. Was a 4 foot of snow on top the mountains over the weekend. Have another heavy duty storm going on all day. It's been so dark out like early morning. I'm glade I'm not on the road. Was two avalanches up at the resorts. One person died in each.
    I'm sure everyone is going to hear on the news after this storm passes to the Midwest when they get the left over storm.
    Merry Christmas all you gimps! I'm sure your feeling the cold like I am tonight.
  • lstellerllsteller Posts: 1,428
    edited 12/25/2012 - 3:48 PM
    Definitely feeling the cold and gimping along here, Bob. I've felt so stiff and sore the past couple of weeks. Those metal rods and screws in the back seem to freeze the moment I walk out the door! Try and stay dry. It's been very wet up here too. At least I have the sump pump working properly now.
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • Big storm coming to where I am in Toronto. I hope people who are without power get it back soon. It's just too cold for people in Arkansas.
    Each day is getting a little longer after the winter soltace. I can't wait for the warmer weather. Stay warm. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Our weather's the opposite - we're in the third day of a heatwave and looks like a week more to come. We had a nasty storm earlier this month, which is unusual for December here in (southern) Western Australia. The aircon's going flat out. Hope you'll be feeling a little warmer soon and I guess your furry family are feeling it too.

Trish

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • Have rain coming tomorrow through the weekend. My creek is looking like my blog photo at the top of the page. Even have a couple little water falls. My cats are sitting on the road watching the water fall. When I come close to them I get a meow and looking back at the water falling. They find the rain another mystery too. They keep looking out at the rain from the safety of the porch. They are out playing now as it goes into evening. Dieter and Sprockets are a team. They can't love each other enough. They walk into each other and purr. It's amazing watching them. I've been petting Sprockets every time I come outside. Dieter only lets me pet her if I'm petting Sprocket. Then this little head comes over and rubs into my legs and hands. She really likes being touched by a warm hand.

Had 4 feet of snow last weekends storm. I haven't heard what this last storm did but it was a lot more and still snowing on top the mountains. Have a new storm coming in tomorrow morning. The storm this week just rained and rained and rained. The water table it up real high because my creek is flowing. I haven't gone in the cellar to see if there's water in there. Sure could use some sun. Didn't rain today and there was some blue skies and big puffy clouds. Was lighter then yesterday. Yesterday was so dark all day. I went to the store and I don't think it got above 40 degrees F. I've been watching a lot of videos on YouTube about casting metal. That looks like fun. I'm going to keep looking into all the info I can find on casting things. I did casting with plastics before. I guess it's sort of the same except ones hot.

I don't know what the three judges were thinking but just heard that banks can post you deductions to maximize the over draft fees. What are they thinking?

Oh how cute. Two skunks on the front porch laying down at the pile of food eating. They must be den buddies and sleep together to stay warm. That's one thing I found out they do. I didn't see the raccoons while it was raining but they were here last night and so hungry. I even saw the moon last night. Was big and bright and lit the yard up with a bluish light.

Well have to run to the store and get milk for the kitties and my coffee.

Smiles
    Bob
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.