Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

P*A*I*N********

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,322
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Chronic Pain
:''( all i can manage to say is this is the worst flare up i have had to date, i dont know where to put myself or wot to do . im scared to death this is going to get worse and i wont be able to go to work :S
advertisement

Comments

• Sorry to hear you're having a flare up. Try hot showers or baths,ice/heat. What does your MRI show? Can you put your history in your signature so we can better answer. Again, sorry you're having so much pain. Are you seeing a Pain Management Dr? See you around the posts. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • mri not till next friday . i dont no all the tecno talk to do a history! :/ i will go and try though
  • advertisement
  • LizLiz Posts: 9,646
    Hi Jan

I am really sorry to hear you have this flare-up, I know what you are going through, that is what made me seek out help and find this site.

I found trying to move around gently even though the pain was bad did help after a while. Using ice while trying to sit as comfortable as I was going to be, eased it too. I slept on the couch propped up with pillows.

You can't fight it, relaxing is the best way until the inflammation goes. I hope it eases soon as I know how you want to go to your job.

Liz xx hugs

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • thanks lizz hun, im near to tears at the mo trying not to cry infront of hubby, he loves me to bits but dosent understand ..............
  • Try to relax the best you can and rest. I'm praying for you
    Donna
  • advertisement
  • bless you hun xxx
  • Sorry to hear you're in so much pain. Please call your doctor or go to the hospital if it gets too much to deal with- you shouldn't handle this alone. I hope your pain subsides, take care sweetie >:D<
  • thanks hun, ya know i never gave hozzy a thought! i will see how i am by morning xxx :*
  • did you get a TENS? you should it will help but without the correct drugs you will still be in pain .ice is good and rest .i hope that you can get sorted out soon as i have just recovered from a bastxxxd of a flare up myself
    STRAKER
  • yes i have a tens hun thank you , i really wouldnt know quite no where to put it right now though,if you know wot i mean . pain seems to be coming from every where ! i like the sound of ice but i hate to be cold ! and again where would i put it ! LOL jan xx
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.