Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Plasma Decompression Surgery

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,321
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Has anyone had Plasma Decompression Surgery? Specifically to your lower back?
Thoughts?
Is there a doctor you recommend? Or a place where I can search for doctors in the area?
I'm looking for a doctor in/around Central Texas or the Southwest.
advertisement

Comments

• Is that where they stick a coil in and heat it?
  • the following is from the site listed at the bottom.

"the procedure is performed under x-ray guidance to accurately place a surgical port (passage way) into the disc. using this minimally invasive approach, a small pathway is made into the disc and a precisely engineered device, known as a spinewand® surgical device, is then inserted through the surgical port into the center of the disc. the device utilizes coblation technology to dissolve tissue while preserving nearby healthy tissue."

https://www.plasmadiscdecompression.com/patprocedures.aspx
  • advertisement
  • emccomb1 said:
    Has anyone had Plasma Decompression Surgery? Specifically to your lower back?
    Thoughts?
    Is there a doctor you recommend? Or a place where I can search for doctors in the area?
    I'm looking for a doctor in/around Central Texas or the Southwest.
    My original post should read "Plasma Disc Decompression Surgery."
    I'm told it works well for bulging discs but is not used to fix anular tears.