Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Still having pain after surgery

Comments

• Thanks again for all the support. I'm done with PT and still very weak in my lower back. Still have pain when I lay down but I'm looking up. I am happier than in the begining so I would tell anyone who was in my boat to keep paddling along. I am still out of work, but being a mechanic my Doctor says to wait. I agree...don't want to have surgery again.
  • I had a micro discectomy about 19 months ago - am still experiencing issues - only on the opposite side. The surgeon insists there is nothing he can see from recent a recent MRI to indicate any problem; after trying to get in to see yet another surgeon for more than a month, they finally called today to tell me they viewed that MRI online (direct link to the imaging location) and they tell me I'd waste my time and money coming in - they too see no problem.

I KNOW this is not all in my head - at times, the pain is VERY real, more issues trying to sleep at night.

Is anyone aware of some sort of "brotherhood" amongst neurosurgeons that might prevent one from seeing patients of another surgeon in the same town?

At my wits end.
  • advertisement
  • I have been following your posts and have the following advice.

1. No matter how much you like your current doctor and his staff, I would dismiss them and look for another team that is more responsive and considerate to you as a patient.

2. I would learn all of the details of your current medical coverage and get personally involved with the process. Let them know that YOU are the project leader and THEY are the resources. From experience, most surgical approvals take no more than a couple of days. If the doctor's staff is telling you that "they are waiting on the insurance company", I would call the insurance company and start asking questions.

BE SURE TO DOCUMENT ALL CONVERSATIONS.

This includes who you spoke with, when, the topic, etc.
    The old phrase, "Get all the liars in the same room" sounds applicable here.

Trust me, this approach although awkward and outside of most people's comfort zone, is the best one to take.

Insurance companies are sometimes ruthless, but one thing is for certain - they follow the contracts. Learn what that contract is and make everyone play by the rules. Make sure your doctor isn't basing your treatment around your insurance policy.

In summary - YOU need to be in total control of your situation.

Good luck to you and your family - and may GOD bless you and be part of your daily treatment plan.