Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Discogram

Comments

• Dear Everyone,

I just have to say thank you so much for your support and well wishes! Gosh, I was reading your comments and then I read what you had been going through. . .we take our bodies for granted until something goes wrong.

I will get through this. iowarobin said it: if you can get through fusion you can get through anything. That 2007 surgery I had, from the back, was rough. I was supposed to be out in 3 days, but got what they thought was a hematoma, so back under the knife. . .I'd had a severe reaction to that bmp protein. Hospitalized for 10 days. Then, after that 2008 XLIF, I caught CDiff in the hospital. Not sure if anyone knows what that is. . .just a horrid, horrid intestinal infection. So instead of going home the next day, I was there for 14.

Now, why I am reliving that stuff now I'm not sure, except maybe to help me remember that this is not so bad, and that I've been through worse, as all of you have. Pain isn't pretty but the good part is, it won't last.

So thank you to all, past and even future, who write with their knowledge and experiences. Thinking of all of you. K
  • I had a discogram in march of 'o9. I was also real anxious but really after having pain for two years and no diagnosis I was willing to do whatever it took to find a diagnosis. Yes it does hurt,but is bearable using meds that make you forget the pain. They want to find out where the pain is generating from so I had 3 levels tested and then one control level done. To me it felt like my bones were being blown up with pressure. Then it stops and you respond to see if it mimics your everyday pain. Mine was not identical but did show 3 tears the worst beingl4 l-5. That is where I had an ALIF on4-23-09.
  • advertisement
  • I had a discogram and yes it hurt like hell. It only will hurt when you actually have a disc problem at the level they enter. I had 3 levels checked and the 3rd level didn't hurt much at all. The picture associated with my name is a snapshot from the fluoroscope during the procedure. They would not think about surgery until the results of the discogram were known.

I received no meds during or after the disco but had to call the net day to gt some percocet as the pain was brutal and I could barely move much less walk. They neglected to ell me that I would need a couple of days of of work and did not offer any medication for during or after the procedure. Make sure you request this! The doctor told me he does not provide meds during so he can ask questions regarding the pain level and how it related to my normal pain.

Good luck