Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

so emotional after surgery

Comments

• SukhreSSukhre San Diego, CAPosts: 205
    I am a guy, supposed to be mentally strong. I have severe cervical stenosis. When there is pain I cry. Its a lot of pain. Its not the only reason I cry. I cry because it reminds me I must get surgery. I cry because I do not know whether surgery will fix my pain and possibilities of complications. I was in pain in last 10 days. My blood pressure goes up when the pain is there. I looked at my MRI today and the spinal nerve is so much squeezed, it looks odd. It took 60 mg prednisone for last three days for pain. I am also going through the withdrawal of it today...
    MRI shows C4-C7 severe steonosis. Pain in hand.
  • Sheri76Sheri76 Michigan Posts: 646
    I've been through some bouts of crying since lumbar fusion last March, but I watch a few shows that make me laugh, sometimes maybe too much. I don't have cable, just small indoor antenna.

I tried Cymbalta last year, to help cope with pain, but had to stop because started getting high blood pressure. I would go back on it if I could, it did help me cope. I'm not in pain now, other than the discomfort from surgery healing. But something might help my mind not to focus on things I'm still not able to do. Will ask Dr. tomorrow.
  • advertisement
  • Sheri76Sheri76 Michigan Posts: 646
    edited 09/09/2015 - 2:56 PM
    Hopefully you will be on the mend soon. Before my lumbar fusion I was crying every night at work. I'm amazed I made it some nights, but I couldn't miss work time for a preexisting condition for six months, to qualify for wage disability benefits.

I can't remember why I couldn't try the prednisone, so no experience to share there.
  • Had L5/S1 fusion on Thursday (Wednesday now). Doing amazingly well - not taking any pain meds. Took one my first night home to help me sleep, but slept ok without it last night. Only drawback is I too am on the edge emotionally - to a point where it is almost funny. I see a sad post on FB, I sob. I see a heart-warming story on TV, I sob. Not sure why, other than the invasive surgery I just went through.

advertisement