Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

minimal invasive neck surgery

Cindyx3CCindyx3 Posts: 143
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I have to ask my doctor but he said he's doing minimal invasive neck surgery. a ACD to be exact. Is that as successful as acdf and is the recovery time easier? If anyone has had minimal invasive neck surgery can you share your experience?

Thanks,

Cindy
Cindy
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Cindy,

Good luck with your MI neck surgery. I haven't been able to find that many folks who have had MI surgery as it seems that not that many doctors have that level of experience. I am scheduled for an MI fusion of l5/s1 in 20 days. I am hoping that recovery will be significantly easier than I read from others who have had open back surgery. I hope to be able to find more people with stories to report about MI procedures. Please report after you have had yours and I will do the same.

Lynne
    Cindyx3 said:
    I have to ask my doctor but he said he's doing minimal invasive neck surgery. a ACD to be exact. Is that as successful as acdf and is the recovery time easier? If anyone has had minimal invasive neck surgery can you share your experience?

Thanks,

Cindy
  • I go the end of this month. GOOD LUCK WITH YOURS and I will pray for both of us. I just getting nervous and reading here is causing me to have more anxiety, yet most have acdf and not acd so I am hoping to have an easier time. I hope we do for our sakes and I wish all the acdf a successful recovery as well. It's probably similar but some really have a hard time and it breaks my heart and also scares me to death. Thanks for your response. I guess is normal to be nervous.

Cindy
    Cindy
  • advertisement
  • Hi Cindy how did you make out with your surgery? I too was hit at a red light but by a semi-truck we were coming home from work and the driver tried to beat the red light and slammed into us... This happen on Feb 14th of this year... I was told the only surgery is lazer to my C-Spine 3-4 it is very non-invasive and the surgeon is only 1 of 5 who can do this surgery in the Country.. of course I am nervous but he said the surgery is only a half hour and Im done totally in 3 hrs from the time I walk in the door the incision is done posterior, and a incision the width of a dime.. get this I can go back to work the next day which I still cant believe... anyway I forgot the name of the surgery on the lazer part with disectomy this surgery will be done the end of this month.... anyway hope you are doing better let me know Sue