Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

why is it so painful

advertisement

Comments

• ~X( My pain was so bad that my Significant other thought I had bone cancer. I am not a sissy when it comes to pain, 2 c-sections, sinus surgery, spinal fusion, and perm nerve damage. But this fibro is the worse. I actually cannot flip on a light switch when it is at it's worse. I am 50 and have always exercised faithfully, but with this I am afraid I will drop a weight on my foot.

I wake up at night curled into a tight ball, my fists are clenched and my legs are stiff. The house could burn down before I got myself out of bed.

I was diagnosed 3 yrs. ago with this and have been in remission for the past year but this past week it is starting to return. If I didn't have children I would off myself.

Thanks for letting me vent, it's nice to know I'm not alone.

Donna ~X(
  • I'm also sorry you feel this way, when I read your post and all the others, I feel all pain mentioned in everyones post. Your stood out a little more because I have been feeling like what you said if you did not have children that you would off yourself. I found myself saying that to my sister lately.
    I also have Ankylosing Spondylitis (hla-b27 positive)along with the fibro, I know what you meant trying to get across how bad the pain is, I'am also a strong person.... I so understand your pain! Pain for years at least 20 years now everyday and somedays I can barly walk. I can barley write this tonight because my hands are so swollen and they feel so fat my fingers won't bend! My legs feel like someone started a fire inside of them along with I can barly get up and walk like I'm 1,000 thousand years old. If you ever want to talk any of you I'm here. Thanks for letting me vent also, no one seems to care at my end, except my sister. poor thing I bet she's tired of hearing it O:) I'm also glad I came aross this site, I really need to talk to others whom understand these diseases. >:D<
  • advertisement
  • Hello :H ..I know your suppose to keep moving,... so you feel better, but...Does anyone here have the opposite effect and just get worst if they do normal everyday things?
    I make myself move and try to clean, It's like my whole body will get more and more stiffer, It's kind of like your muscles start to go into paralize mode. Does anyone here experience this???? "Paralisis" ? -
    ( did I spell that right )from just moving and doing things in the house or out in the yard just doing a little gardening? Thanks for any responce.
  • hi
    yeah thats why i don't clean..and my garden i always loved to plant veggie yrly...but i believe i will try some raised beds..
    if i can get up and my son off to school..i have accomplished something..
    so today i did that and with his help loaded dishwasher..
    my hubby and kids do most tasks
    i fold clothes if they put them on my bed..and even that hurts..
    but i drag my fibro butt to the indoor pool and either use kickboard of just waterwalk...
    the getting out of pool with the gravity and driving are not so hot.
    but i make myself do it and for that brief time in water i feel like my old self...and its so worth going...
    i can't do most stuff so just do little things..
    so go at your pace...just small walks..forget the cleaning..
    take care
    fibromate
    mary
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • When you're in the water, does the pressure from the water make your chest hurt? The last time I went swimming, I could only go in up to my waste. The pressure from the water on my chest made it hurt so bad. I wish I could go more, I heard it really helps.
    I don't swim but I'd like to do some kind of water exercises.
  • advertisement
  • Spam link not allowed. Removed by authority member, Cath111. 7/12/2010

• I was just told here bout 3wks ago I had Fibro, and yes it felt like my bones had the flu also thats how I kept telling the docs. They ruled out MS when my legs would give out and I would fall flat on my back and took 3-4 days to get the right leg to work again. Today both my feet hurt that wearing shoes are killing me and my left foot drags when I walk. I have good days and really bad ones just knowing I am 37 and still got 2 young kids to raise and that this will never go away kills me I coached and played sports and enjoyed being outside so much that I feel cheated!!! I too have spine probs that sometimes I can't tell if its fibro or my arthritis or my disc probs. It's nice to know there are Titanic full of us that have the same probs and issues lets just hope sometime in near future we can find a cure for it.
  • I wish I would have thought about getting a kickboard to use at the indoor pool when the summer stuff was on clearance. I think that would have been great.
    Being in constant pain is horrible. It is so hard to deal with.
    It takes me all day to do things that use to only take a couple of hours.
  • I know this post is old, I just saw it. You should try some indoor, or outdoor, raised bed hydroponic farming. You could get your son or husband to fill your reservoirs (the heavy stuff) and then just have a good time caring for your garden, without ever bending over, or picking up heavy things like bags of soil, or fertilizer. Just a thought. ;)
advertisement