Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I'm 15 and having a Spine Fusion in 2 weeks

advertisement

Comments

• thanks, jakotsu.
  • I was on a lot of pain med prior to my fusion surgery, so I required a lot of meds when I was in the hospital too. I'm allergic to morphine, so I had a dilaudid pump, plus IV muscle relaxers, etc. I did pretty well after my first surgery. The second one was a bit of a rocky road (I had two within four days), but by the following morning, we had the pain under control and I was able to cope again. You hang in there. We'll all be here wishing you well and sending you good thoughts. Do let us know how you are doing as soon as you are able.

Linda

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • advertisement
  • I have Chronic Pain and on many occasions thought about suicide and tried to end everything. My moods are severely effected, I call them mood 'flicks' as my moods change within seconds. I suffer with Depression

Will my moods get much worse after the surgery?
  • hi, I only had a microdiscectomy but had an unusual amount of pain afterwards(I have a degenerated sine) . I got really low in hospital because they didnt get my pain under control untill day 3 (in the uk), but I didnt have a morphine pump.They only upped the amount of my pre op meds, which didnt work for me and it was only on day 3 that they gave me a muscle relaxant!I dont mean to scare you- what I mean to say is that so long as you use your morphine pump and anything else you need and let them know if its not doing it for you, your pain WILL be under control. You may actually find hospital a distraction from your depression.Opposite me was a young girl who had brain cancer and had surgery. In a way it put things in perspective for me and I realised that though it is SO horrible what we go through, there are always other people who are worse off.At my appointment with my neuro yesterday, there was a 14 week old baby with the worsed kind of spina bifida, sitting next to me with her Mum.Her Mother was 20 years old and you could see the HUGE amount of love she had for her, and when I thought of what both of them were going to go through for the rest of there lives, I stopped thinking about what I was going through immediatly- such a small thing in comparison.I hope this makes sense to you and in a way makes you feel stronger.You'll be fine xxxxx
advertisement