Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Lyrica vs Neurotin

Comments

• I have more energy, motivation and just feel emotionally better, more positive. The pain is still there but Wow it has helped alot with relief. With me starting at the lowest dosage I would RecomI'm more Relaxed. The lowest dose is best to start with bcs then you'll know more or less how the side efects will affect you. Every person reacts differently. I feel a little foggy because it's in my system but nothing like Vicodin or Percs make me. I can't take Vicodins or Percs daily bcs they cause sleep paralysis for me. So Neurontin has helped with sleeping better. I am sleeping much much better now. Vics and Percs make me stay awake at night even if I've taken my last one at 3pm. I feel tired but unable to sleep, then if I fall asleep & I get these paralysis. These Neurontons has helped with that.
    I was also afraid of gaining weight because I looked up reviews and many said they gained weight. I will monitor that & update. I weighed myself and in one week So Far so Great. No weight gain! Yay!!
    Again everyone's body reacts different.
    My mom has fibromyalgia really bad and I told her about Neuronton and she asked her Doctor, they prescribed her 300mg 3xday and she loves it, She says she still feels her Fibro Pain but it has helped her mood so much..
    Neuronton is Great I wish my Insurance would cover Lyrica so I could try that.
  • Hmm, sure you're ok, unknown? I don't mean to sound callous, but you sound a bit manic, or is that just the excitement showing through? Don't get me wrong, I'm super glad you found something to help you sleep and get rid of the pain, but if its that energizing, it may be a bad side effect?

I really, really don't want to sound mean... sorry if this post comes off wrong!

>:D<
  • advertisement
  • I've been taking lyrica since my leg pain returned with a vengeance six months after my spinal fusion. It has done a wonderful job of stopping that nerve pain and while I'm a bit sleepy, I don't notice a brain fog and feel I function pretty well. I didn't realize it could cause weight gain. It could be why I feel like eating all the time!

Linda

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • I have been on Lyrica for over a year. Max dosage 2x a day. nerve pain in right side of neck. Works pretty good. Not drowzy. I did eat a lot but I'm not sure if it was that. I am on Atkins diet now and have lost 30# since March. I watch what I eat now.

I started on Neurontin. All those pills, ugh!. Lyrica works better for me and less to do. I know it works because if I forget that pain comes back.

Neurontin was so hard to keep up with dosage. I had to take max dosage with that. Neither drug effected me mentally. I am a big guy at 270# so I guess I would need a larger dosage anyway.

I don't like paying the Lyrica co-pay - not generic
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.