Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

T8/10 wedge fracture prognosis? any experience please!?

advertisement

Comments

• I am 30 years old health. I was in bed for 3 days with food poisoning. I got up to run to the bathroom. I slipped and fell. I immediately felt pain but thought it was just a bruise. After 10 days of not getting better and stuck n bed my friends made me go to the hospital. They diagnosed me with compound fractures of T5-T8. After a week in the hospital I was released with a back brace and a prescription for 180 30mg roxys, 60 somas, 90 norcos and 60 Xanax. It worked for a few months but now afty 5 months I am in severe pain. The pills don't do n e thing for my pain so I tried herion. Needless to say it helped but It was the worst mistake I have ever made. I never did drugs and don't want to start now.So my question is can I still get surgery after 5 months or am I doomed for a life time of pain and become a hermit. Thanks!
  • I am 44 and had a T11 fracture in a motor vehicle accident 5 years ago. My pain in the middle of my back has worsened the last few months and recently noticed a hump on my left side over the scapula sort of. I just had new xray done yesterday so now I wait. I have a feeling that my fracture has something to do with it. Does anybody know or have anything similiar. I have been told it can be because of something similiar to scoliosis du to the bending of the vertebrae because of the fracture. Any ideas I had 39 fractures total but the t11 was the worse and the rest were in other areas of my body to include the rib that connects to t11. Anybody have anything similiar happening.  By the way my t11 fracture was not fixed surgically just had to be in bed for 6 weeks and a shell that was from my hips to my armpits for 13 months. Please any information will help.
  • advertisement
This discussion has been closed.