Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

c3-c7 fusion

Comments

• and it depends on your work,what you do as to how long you should take off work.I'm sure your surgeon could give you some idea.thats a really big operation and it will take a long time for you to heal completely.
  • You should file for FLMA it protects your job. With getting so many levels done if you have to give your employer a time frame I would tell them you'll be out 3 months. I had 2 level fusion and multi level discectomy and corpotectomy done all at the same time and was off 3 months. When I returned to my desk job i went back 2 hours a day the first week. The 2nd week it was 4. etc.
    2005-ACDF with Corpectomy at C3-C-5.
    2006-L4-L5 diskectomy.
    2009-Cervical laminectomy at C3.
    Steroid injections series x 4.
  • advertisement
  • It will be two years at the end of August since I had my surgery c3-c7 anterior and posterior. It is a huge surgery so plan to take it easy afterwards. I'm sure your surgeon will advise you how long you will need to be off work. Someone suggested you file the FMLA paperwork. I am a stay at home mom, so I didn't have to worry about that, but it is a slow recovery. Good luck to you.

pup
  • I had a 4 level fusion 12-8-08. It was hell. I had more arm pain than before surgery. Nerve pain in the arms. I am still in pain and can't find a doc to believe me. Good luck You have to take the time to heal. I am trying a new PM doc on monday hope he helps.
  • I had surgery 12/1/08.
    wore a neck brace for 6 weeks, then only when in a car.

have had a great year, no migrains, no pain, numbness is gone. other than not being able to look over my shoulder, I'm 100%.

I did follow post surgery instructions to a "T"

glad I had it done, I'm a much happier person now.
  • advertisement
  • Since the age of 16 I would bump my head and go completely paralysised for 15 min to 30 min. Just found out on Jan 02, 2009 that my cerical spine was screwed with no spinal fluid from c7 up. Discs were pushing everywhich way. I wasn't in any pain (if I was I had gotten used to it). 16 days later I had a discectomy c3/4, c4/5, c5/6, c6/7, donar bone, titanium plate with 10 screws, halo 11 weeks, and then hard collar. I have now been off work for almost one year and just turned 30. I'm not in much pain now but whatever pain I do get is elevated with over the counter tylenol. My range of movement is quite restricted in comparison as to what it was before. Left and right is somewhat okay but forward, back, and side to side is limited to approximately 15 degrees. I used to be very physical and active and my life has been significated changed due to this surgery. My doctor told me to elimnate many activites but the big kicker is not to lift anything is excess of 10lbs. I was wondering what restictions some of your doctors have placed on all of you.
advertisement