Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

ACDF & Plating C5-C6 C6-C7 Surgery

Comments

• cjones5349 said:
    I am 49 year old female I had ACDF & plating for c5-C6, c6-c7 surgery I had this surgery 2 weeks ago. I was so scared. I had the surgery 1 day and went home the next. My surgeon used synthetic material to fuse as they say if you use bone graft it is painful. I came home wearing a hard collar which in florida is a pain in itself. My numbness that I had in my left arm is virtually gone, the strength is back in my hand, it was the very next day. Yes the throat hurts but mine was only painful to swallow for about 2 days. I still have the feeling of a blob in my throat which will probably be there for awhile. All in all I feel that I made a good decision to have the surgery. Each individual is different and I too wanted to hear from other people who had the surgery but ultimately it is your own decision. As my husband said to me before surgery are you living a good quality of life and do you want to live that way forever or have it get worse. Good Luck to anyone who is facing the probability of surgery. I know I have a long road to recovery but each day it gets better. I also have good days and bad days but the bad days are getting less and less. If anyone wants to talk about their surgery or pending surgery I will gladly respond.

VERY SCARED TO DO IT ALRESDY HAD 2 MAJOR BACK SURGERIES NOW MY NECK ACDF, CERVICEL C-4 C-7, CAN I MOVE MY NECK AGAIN!! WILL I BE ABLE TO MOVE IT UP AND DOWN??
  • Well, I think I had c4, c5 & c6 in April (2010)...almost completely normal. Wore hard collar for 6 weeks, then lots of "resistance" physical therapy (non-movement). I am an ER nurse...so lots of physical demands...no problem...neuropathies almost gone too...Aleve in AM & 300mg of Neurontin at bedtime. Good luck!
  • advertisement
  • FrankellyFFrankelly Posts: 1
    edited 09/14/2015 - 6:53 AM
    hello to all. i am new to this website but i am 98% sure that i will need to have this surgery and i am scared to death. being that is so high up i am worried about nerve damage. i have no idea how long it will take me to get back to work and that scares me as well. i would appreciate any and all advice you can give. i will have to rely on your experiences for information. i see the surgeon for the first time this wednesdayat 9am so feel free to advise away.

thank you,

please click on link for helpful information
    welcome to spine-health
    liz -spine-health moderator
This discussion has been closed.