Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Oh My God the pain!

advertisement

Comments

• Hi All,

I just wanted to update you all, I have broke my fever and I have figured out how to space my meds so that they are controlling the pain. I still hurt, more when I am trying to get up off the bed or out of a chair. My feet are very swollen and I still don't have the feeling back in my right foot.

I hope that the feeling comes back in that foot or it will end up in worse shape than it was before the surgery. I know that this is going to be a long haul before I get to the end. I will be glad just to get back to using my own potty and to take a shower.

It's funny how we take for granite some of the easiest thing we do in ever day life. I know I have been sitting to long when I thought to myself that I was missing doing housework & laundry. But this has given me time to spend with my kids and we have been working on school worksheets and reading. It's been kinda cool.I am still really sleepy and I get up 2-3 times a night to pee. I always thought it was crazy to drink,drink and drink and then wonder why we need to pee so much.

Well thanks for all the help and info, you all have given me. It is great knowing that there are others out there that have gone through what I am going through. So, have a great night and we will talk again soon.

P.S. I did get put on Lyrica
  • New to this forum. Have spinal lipomatosis which compresses the spinal cord. Know lots about the pain going off the scale. Couldn't walk, sit, stand, lay down for half of 2007. Had fusion and my epidural space cleaned out (fat cells) in June 07. Then they came back within a month --9-07 on - and the pain's been getting worse again. ANother fusion on the S-discs in Jan. 09, no cleaning done of the fat cells. Pain came back harder. Now looking at an SCS and don't know which way to turn.

So, I sympathize,empathize and will take any advice one of you might have prior to my last chance with the SCS. Can't have any more "cleaning" surgeries due to scar tissue. ANyone know anyone else with this rare condition?
  • advertisement