Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

I info on getting my meds... Workers comp case closed and now I'm up the creek

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:32 AM in Pain Medications
I need some info on how to get my meds.. My workers comp case just closed out and I am worried I am not going to be able to get my pain meds.. I don't have health insurance and I don't know what to do?? I'm scared when I run out of my lyrica 150mgs 2 times daily.

I'm going to be climbing the walls in pain. Does anyone know what to do or who i may call or a site I can look up?

I am scared I finally found a drug that helps with my nerve pain and now My case is over and they are dropping me off from seeing their workers comp doctors. I don't have a personal doctor due to not having any health benefits.

I need help can anyone suggest anything please?


  • hae here is some info for you i wrote some things earlier got lost in space tomm call your local social services tell them you ned to apply for medicade they will send you some things to fill out call the dr after of your choice right after you talk to social services tell the dr your problem the makers of lyrica will pay for your meds cool huh alot of drug comp will do this all you have to do is ask fill out papers your all set do this asap so your not in pain its called ahardship case i had to do this also a while back ill try to find the makers comp name ill let you know or maybe look up lyica best of luck let me know how things turn out rebel renee
  • Wow Renee, that's some seriously great news and info. Do you know if it applies to other meds?
  • advertisement
  • I don't think I can get medicade because I'm not over that age limit. But I can go by Social Services and see if I can talk with them though I didn't think about that. Do I need to take my bottles that proves I'm on lyrica and my other meds?
  • I believe you can apply for Medicaid if you meet the financial criteria; there are adults who are on it for different reasons. Call your local DHS office and find out what you need to do to qualify.

    Also, some drug companies do offer help to people who can't afford their meds. Sometimes you can get the meds for free through their programs. Find the maker of Lyrica on the bottle and go to their website and see if they have prescription assistance going on. If not, you still can get a drug discount card from just about anywhere. I don't recall the exact name of one, but maybe you can contact Jeauxbert and ask her about all this.

    I sure hope you'll be able to follow up with another doctor and get your medicines. Take care
  • I thought I would go ahead and go by our DFacts center and talk with them. I got to do something to stay well I don't get insurance until next year with the new job I'm at..

    Thanks just keep me in your prayers and I'll let yall know what goes on ok..
  • advertisement
  • But I have to either have children or be over 60 yrs of age. They gave me a paper and told me sorry they couldn't help..

    I might see if I can get the address for Lyrica and see if I can talk with someone about it.
  • Look up the manufacturer of Lyrica and look into their partnership for reduced or low cost medications. You may have to fill out paperwork and your doctor will as well. Do not stop taking the Lyrica suddenly. You need to see that doctor that prescribed it and discuss the problem with them. They may have other ideas to help you get the proper meds in the meantime. If nothing else, they can help you taper off it.
    Pfizer is the manufacturer. You can call this number for assistance with their reduced/low/no cost drug assistance program. 1-866-706-2400 or go to www.pfizerhelpfulanswers.com
  • If your injury is a workmans comp claim and they are cutting you off, I would suggest calling your state's Labor Ombudsman and speak with them.

    Each state is different, but in Kentucky, depending on the type of settlement you take, they are on the hook for life for medications.

    I have a 25% partial permenent disability rating after my 2 level ALIF. I got right at $60,000 settlement from the company plus they have to pay for medication the rest of my life. And I still have my full time job.

    The labor office can't represent you as an attorney would, but they can explain the law to you. You may be able to use that information to your advantage.

    Hope this helps!

    Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • My lawyer said it was best to settle due to the doctors telling me and sending in the reports that their is nothing they can do for me.. I was lifting up a box at work when I felt a snapping sensation in my back and then I couldn't move after that.

    I've seen 4 doctors all tell me to lose the weight but how can I get out and try to walk when I'm in so mch pain with my legs and lower back. I don't weigh that much and all of my friends said they are stupid.

    I herinated 2 of my disc and the other herinated 11 months after my accident due to me falling because of my legs giving out on me. They told me that if they had done the surgery that the other disc would later give out and I might be paralized or how ever you spell it.

    So my worker's comp case was June 11 and they made a settlement and was told I will have to find another means for my meds. My Workers' Comp doctor sent me over to a surgeron that in his words said that this man loves to help folks that need to have surgery but in my case he didn't I felt stupid for going when he said he wouldn't help me. So all of my disc are fused together in the wrong way since it has gone on for so long and their is nothing they can do execpt give me a two months of meds and then I'm on my own.

    I asked him so do I have to live like this the rest of my life like this? The great surgerons words were yes just deal with it!

    Thanks, for giving me the number I'll call them tomorrow.
  • Sounds like you got a bad deal the whole way around.

    Hope you get something worked out soon.
Sign In or Register to comment.