Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Dont know whats happining

loraollorao Posts: 37
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Chronic Pain
The last 4 evenings i get so achy, stiff, (to the point i have to lay down) chills, and body gets hot, this lasts for about an hour. in the morning i take celebrex, neurotin, zergrid and lortab 1-2 every 6 hours. The systoms happen in between my morning and night medication. I have really push myself through out the day and im wandering if that is a part of it. any ideals?
lora
advertisement

Comments

• Although I'm a cervical spiney, what you describe reminds me of the very first symptoms I had with my bad neck.

This would happen every afternoon: I'd be sitting at my desk and all of a sudden I'd get painful goosebumps on my arms, followed by severe chills (I'd have to put on a jacket), then major muscle aches in my arms. It almost hurt to have anything touching my arms after that. It would go away about four or five hours later, only to happen again the next afternoon. I didn't have any heat problems like you describe, though.

Does this sound kind of like what's happening to you?

Cath
  • sorry it took so long to reply, but yes it does sound a little like what i experienced. really weird. It does not happen all the time, mabey a few times a month. I told my pm doc, but he really did not know what was going on.
  • advertisement
  • No problem. I've learned over the last year that there are so many different symptoms that go along with spine issues that you can't rule anything out. Before my surgery, I had this strange choking sensation that would happen - I'd just be sitting there and I'd start feeling like there was something around my neck (although I could breath ok) and my face would get very red, to the point that people would comment on it.

The real challenge on that one was to not panic. It would go away in about 45 min to an hour. So freakin' strange!

Anyway, How are you doing? Are you doing ok?

Cath
  • Hi I'm new here. I've had two previous cervical surg. 1st one 1990 C6-7 disc removed and then 1999 C5-6 disc removed cadaver bone inserted and then titanium plates and screws. Now with bone spurs where prev. surg. performed and two discs above the ones removed are bulging and all of it is causing stenosis. Has anyone had a laminoplasty following surg. such as the ones I had? I suffer daily with excruciating pain from my neck that radiates into my arms. Seeing pain mgmt. dr. who has prescribed oxcodone 10mg with 325 mg tylenol to be taken only 4 times per day. It only lasts 3 - 4 hrs then there I go again. Being followed by neurosurgeon every 6 mo. but he said that if he did surgery again I'd be completely unable to move my neck at all. Any ideas would be most appreciated.
  • Hi I'm new here. I've had two previous cervical surg. 1st one 1990 C6-7 disc removed and then 1999 C5-6 disc removed cadaver bone inserted and then titanium plates and screws. Now with bone spurs where prev. surg. performed and two discs above the ones removed are bulging and all of it is causing stenosis. Has anyone had a laminoplasty following surg. such as the ones I had? I suffer daily with excruciating pain from my neck that radiates into my arms. Seeing pain mgmt. dr. who has prescribed oxcodone 10mg with 325 mg tylenol to be taken only 4 times per day. It only lasts 3 - 4 hrs then there I go again. Being followed by neurosurgeon every 6 mo. but he said that if he did surgery again I'd be completely unable to move my neck at all. Any ideas would be most appreciated.
  • advertisement
  • Im doing ok, more pain, have another discogram schduled for the 22nd of this month. This will be my second one, little scared because now i know how painfull they are. I am finally getting a second opionion from neuro surgen, just waiting for a call to set up an apt. The wheels are finally starting to turn..... yea!
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.