Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Medicinal Maijuana for Nerve Pain

Comments

• Hi,

If you need information on medicinal mj just google it with forums after it and you will find many helpful people that will give you some great info. (medicinal marijuana forums)
    Sorry, but i'm not allowed to post the site here.

ps: if you google lots of topics with forums you will find forums on almost everything.
  • I'm not hanglandc, and I don't play her on TV -- but I agree with her opinion wholeheartedly on the 0-60 thing. Going from Tramadol ER to Medical Marijuana is about the same as going from baby aspirin to morphine. There's way too much room in between for either leap to make any sense at all. :O
  • advertisement
  • And therein lies one major difference in approaches to pain medication/management.

The day I'm using my pain medication to achieve "happiness" is the day I will check myself into a facility and request a rapid detox. In my opinion, the purpose of pain medication is to reduce physical pain, not to alter sadness, anger, or any other emotional state.
  • BionicWoman said:
    And therein lies one major difference in approaches to pain medication/management.

The day I'm using my pain medication to achieve "happiness" is the day I will check myself into a facility and request a rapid detox. In my opinion, the purpose of pain medication is to reduce physical pain, not to alter sadness, anger, or any other emotional state.
    Your right...what I was trying to say was it doesn't leave me sad and strung out like pills do...
  • dilauro said:

They become wars with those for and those against.

I am not blaming either side, because both sides get involved with that.

Right now, this thread seems to be going without any problems, lets make sure it stays that way
    No doubt Ron thats why your a good Mod...

We dont need people to come on here and ruin it for everyone who wants to in less pain..

With that being said marijuana gives me better pain relief then my vicodin (hydrocodone)...

The reason is because it gives me pain relief + peace of mind..

Vicodin helps with some pain but leaves me strung out and sad/angry..
  • advertisement
  • JKDE, if you need to clarify a post, you really should do it in a follow-up post, not by editing the prior post after someone has responded to it. It's one thing to edit something minor like a spelling error, but it's entirely different when you remove something as pertinent to the conversation as your statement "Marijuana = happiness" which is now missing amongst quite a bit of rewording of your original post.

Ron, is there no setting on this forum software to place a note identifying edits after a certain amount of time, rather than just changing the little tiny date/time stamp of the post to reflect the most recent edit? I know the moderators always make a note when they edit a post, but moderators generally show a level of integrity that is apparently not found across the board.

• I have been in constant pain for nearly three years. Everyone responds and interprets their pain differently. These signals of pain are translated in our emotional centre of the brain. I have tried nearly everything I can think of. To no avail.
    Currently, all doctors I have spoken with agree pain meds will not help me with nerve pain. Neurontin sent me over the edge with hostility. That doesn't help.
    So, relying on one's self is the nitty gritty.
    As for relief, i've noticed my Delta nerves do calm down ( vibrations don't hurt as bad). And, C-nerves don't seem to build up enough to backfire with all the force you could expect ( stung instead of stabbed).
    I'm no doc, but, I have studied! The only other thing I can think of is medicinal Belladonna.
    Of coarse this could be fatal, and would only work on M2 and M3. Not good enough for the side-effects.
    Forgive me, if not for the little relief I find herbally, I would probably click a suicide hyperlink.
    Please take care.
  • Is that dealing with pain is easier to do, if I feel better in general. The good thing is, that there are many different medications that can help alter my perception of pain. Also diet, exercise and activity level go in to the mix.

The key is to work with the doc in order to achieve a good medicine regimen that allows the most daily functionality. I know Ron has posted many times about what drug cocktail works best for one is not necessarily the same for another. It takes patience on the part of the patient and the doc in order to come up with the correct blend.

So basically the jump from 0 to 60 should not be a jump at all, but a concerted effort on the part of the patient and the doc over an unspecified period of time until a therapeutic level is achieved and maintainable.

"C"
  • The simple fact that MMJ can not work, maybe it does for the poster? No matter how you look at it, it is still a drug.

I personally can not tolerate it at all. It gives me a screaming, hit myself in the head because it hurts soooo bad headache. I may have experimented with it's use a few years ago, it worked fine, then one day it did not go so great. I got the headache from hades and it was repeatable, though I did not try more that a few times afterwards. Used a couple of different sources as I had originally thought it was just a bad "sample", nope...

It need to be remembered that as with any other med it can just stop working or leave some nasty side effects.

I agree with Bionic to a point that posts should not be altered with out a note. However, it is nice to have the ability to remove hurtful or misstatements if needed. I have removed a couple of posts entirely when I have rethought whether they did good or harm. We are entitled to change our minds.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,531
    Bionic-Woman,
    Yes, as Paul indicated in the previous post, the old software driving PunBB put a timestamp at the bottom of any post that was edited.
    The software we use today does not provide the function in the vanilla package.
    We had gathered member input regarding functions that were important and should be considered for production.
    Many of those extras have been incorporated. It boils down to cost.
    I do have to say, this has been the first time anyone has asked for such a feature in posts today.
    It is important and all moderators follow this when any post is edited for update, we leave the reason and timestamp. Other than that, its only the originator user that can alter their own. And for the most part, what I have seen is what Paul describes as correcting typos.
    Beyond that, I see that people will post later on in a thread if something they said was unclear or was inappropriate.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.