Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Referred to a Pain Management doc

Comments

• i have good news and bad news regarding pain management .the bad ..i went to see a person at a hospital {not permitted to mention names } and i was treated so badly that both my wife and i walked out ! the person have now been removed from that post and hospital.the good news i have since been referred to another hospital and doctor and we get on very well she is kind and understanding she has tried everything to help with my pain but now she can do no more for me and like you i have to learn to live with it ..so good luck and lets hope that you get a good doctor
    STRAKER
  • Rplatt56, who is your pain management dr. I live in Palm Coast, Fl.
  • advertisement
  • Hello
    It seems Pain Management is full of trials and tribulations. I had trouble with my first pain managemnt Dr. I was 23 at the time and I think that contributed. When I first saw him I was already on the fetentyl patch and that seemed to trouble him.He ripped me off of it sending me straight into withdrawel. He gave me nerve meds which of course didnt touch the horrific pain I was in. I went on in that pain for what seemed like forever, it seemed he didnt believe I was in pain. It was not until about a month later, I said to him "my legs are so cold". He felt them and began to appologize tell me he now knew I needed relief. Long story...I later found out the reason he was so hesitant to perscribe meds to me was because he was already being investigated for insurance and med issues and within that month he was arrested and sentenced to time in prison.
    It was onto a new Pain management Dr. for me....
    This time I lucked out. She was sooo nice and gave me pain relief without hesitation. I am still with that Dr til this day and we have a great relationship. I can call her on her personal cell phone at any time with a problem and she never minds. SHe has been through so much with me and I dont know where I would be without her. We work together to contol my pain.I have an imput on my meds and that makes a huge difference.
    SO I guess the moral of the story is there is hope, there are good pain Drs out there but sometimes the road to them is bumpy.
    I wish you much luck with your adventure into the world of pain management.
This discussion has been closed.