Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

New symptoms

sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
My cervical problems are listed in my signature line. I've had numbness and tingling in my left hand for a long time. Now I have even worse numbness/tingling/burning in my right hand and top of my right foot. Also a pinching pain between my neck and shoulder. Wonder what could be going on now? Sometimes I feel like I keep coming up with ailments. Maybe it's all in my head? I wish that were true anyway. Maybe then I could forget about it. Thanks to all of you. You're great.

Debbie
advertisement

Comments

• :( Have you asked your doctor about the new symptoms?

I can't remember, are you scheduled for surgery? (I know at one point there were 2 sunny's and I got you 2 mixed up!) 8}

I hope you can find relief soon!
    >:D<
  • sorry but mri does show problem in neck with pressure on nerves that come out the side of the spinal canal. your spinal surgeon may want to relieve that pressure. hope you are scheduling appointment. it might be good to schedule a second opinion also. hope they can help...pete
  • advertisement
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Thanks. Please read my answer to Kat about my Dr problems. The NS did want me to come back after PT (if it didn't help, which it didn't) and they'd schedule surgery. Like I said though, they wouldn't even see me for the pain caused by the myelogram so I don't want people like that doing surgery on me! I haven't been able to get another opinion because I can't get referrals. I'm thinking about a complete change of physicians...I've just been putting it off.
    I hope you're having a good day.
    Debbie
    Thanks. No I'm not scheduled for surgery...yet. I had so many problems happen during tests ordered by my NS and when I called back to ask about it they told me to go to my GP. So, I got frustrated with her and didn't go back because I thought if she wouldn't help me after a test she ordered caused problems what would she do after I let her do surgery. You know what I mean? I asked my GP to refer me to an ortho and he said he can't because the NS has my records and her office told me they don't do referrals! I got the runaround from them so I said forget it. My GP has been trying to help but all he will do is give me tramadol and muscle relaxers. I haven't seen him in about seven weeks. I've really been trying to just deal with it with advice and support from all of you here. Sorry this is so long. I hope you're doing well.
    Debbie
  • it might be good to meet with this surgeon you dislike just to be able to converse with her in order to get full description of what she recommends.
    you could then go to another surgeon for second opinion. can't you bring myelogram results to another dr? why cant you get refferal for 2nd opinion?
    pete
  • advertisement
    Hi Pete. I don't know why they don't want to refer me. I was seeing a neurologist who sent me to this neurosurgeon and she ordered the ct myelogram. When I went to her to discuss the results of the myelogram I mentioned that my lower back and legs were still aching after the myelogram and they said it probably irritated some nerves so I thought it was normal. She told me to try PT for a couple of weeks for my neck and if it didn't help they'd schedule surgery. I had to stop going to PT because my lower back and legs got so bad I couldn't drive and my therapist told me to go back to the NS. I called them and the nurse practioner said I'd have to see my GP because they were seeing me for my cervical spine not my lumbar. I called my GP and he said they (NS) should see me because she was the one who ordered the test. Anyway, I finally saw my GP and had several injections and tried all kinds of meds. None helped. He kept saying that test shouldn't have caused this if done right. I told him I wasn't trying to blame anyone for anything I just wanted to find out whats wrong and do something for it! Cont. into next post....
    Anyway, finally GP sent me for lumbar mri that showed tarlov cysts which aren't supposed to cause pain. This has been going on since Jan. 20 and has been bad enough to overshadow my neck and shoulders. My GP says the NS should refer me and the NS office say that my GP should. So here I am....I really don't understand what the problem is. All I want is for this pain to go away. So I got really discouraged and aggravated and stopped seeing any of them! Sorry this is so long, I didn't know how else to describe it.
    Debbie
  • because that's how my pain doc was treating me. I feel the same way, all i want is for the pain and my other symptoms to go away as if they never existed. Maybe you need to find another doctor that will listen to you and address your issues in a manner that you can understand. I've been beyond discouraged and aggravated with my docs and their lack of concern. Don't give up Debbie.
  • Wow, Debbie, that plain stinks. I am curious though, could your pcp broaden your referral to this NS to include your back?

But you may be right, time to get new doctors! When not one but 2 people who are supposed to advocate for your health are giving you the runaround, what do they expect? I'm rather surprised your PCP would not refer you for another opinion. I kind of think that may be questionable practice on his part.

Have you tried to go to pain management yet?

Good luck and I hope you are feeling well today!
    >:D<
    It's nice to know that others understand my frustration. I'm sorry that you're suffering too though. Have you found a doctor that listens? I hope so.
advertisement