Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Pain in left lower area of back

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:33 AM in Lower Back Pain

I have athritis in my neck. I have been having pain my spine for years. I have no doubt I have athritis in all of my spine. My NEW problem is the left area of my lower back. A few months ago I got out of a chair and a sharp pain went through the lower left area of my back. This pain makes me stop immediately. I must wait for this pain to go away before I can move. In order to describe the pain location I must describe that you feel the top of your underwear on the left side. That is the area where the pain comes from. The pain has becomme worse. If I lean the pain hits. If I sit and get out of bed, the pain hits. The pain is always in the lower left area. Of course, this has caused muscle spasms. Do you have any advice where to look for help? I have already started stretching, this help for only short periods. I forgot to add, I must use a stick or crutch to get out of a chair with my back stiff hoping there will be no sharp pain.



  • My personal opinion is Paul is 100% right and straight to doctor (if have not been already). Describing pain at top of undies (Elephant Undies or Briefs?) could cover a lot of different muscles, bones, joints, tendons, disks etc. and physical examination by a doctor is first step. You could see http://www.spine-health.com/video/back-pain-when-should-i-see-a-doctor-treatment but as had problems for 2 months you should not waste any futher time. Leaving things like this go can make situation worse an no-one wants that. If you have been to doctor and not sure what to do or need support I am sure you will find others that have been in that position and can provide advice and support on this site.

    I wish you good management, luck and a speedy recovery.
    Best wishes Terry
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Register to comment.