Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I'm having my cervical epidural this morning (1st one ever) Wish me luck

ButterflyPainBButterflyPain Posts: 289
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I'm so freaking nervous. I hope once I get there and talk with the doctor, some of the nerves will subside.
Thanks guys
Jen
advertisement

Comments

• take deep breaths....imagine your in your favorite place and think of yourself as calm...all will go well
    pete
  • Just go in with the thought that you will get pain relief from this.... Best wishes

Don
  • advertisement
  • best of luck
  • Just saw your note and looked at the clock. Your procedure is probably over by now. Am hoping it went well for you and that it helps your pain. :) >:D<
    Linda

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Jen,

I hope it went well today, and I hope that you get some great relief from it!! You will have to let us know how it went in chat!!

hugs,
    glo :)
  • advertisement
  • I just got home about 20 mins ago. I'm waiting on food. lol I'm so hungry.

I got there around 7:30 am and didn't go in to get it done till 5 to 12pm. The nurse said I took longer to wake up for local anesthetic.

I guess it went good, since they didn't tell the nurses other wise. That's what the lady said.

I don't feel high from the anesthesia but I do feel weird. I'm going to rest pretty soon , after my food and tylenol 3.

I'll see if my dad will let me do a second or third one. If all goes well with this one that is. I'm going to call the doctors office for at least a follow up.

Some older man while I was waiting, wasn't wearing underwear so when he got on the bed I saw his family jewels surprisingly . lol That may or may not have been a highlight.

Oh and the nurse said I didnt need ice, does that sound right?

jen
  • I had them and they did nothing for me. They did help my mom and I know a lot of others that have had great success with them. I was too far gone, and I do wish you much success!

Cindy
    Cindy
  • I've had many over the years and in the beginning I got relief for many years so they can work. In my experience I always felt worse before I felt better but only for aboout 3 or 4 days. So don't get discouraged if you feel worse for a couple of days it will get better...Good Luck!!
  • libby724 said:
    I've had many over the years and in the beginning I got relief for many years so they can work. In my experience I always felt worse before I felt better but only for aboout 3 or 4 days. So don't get discouraged if you feel worse for a couple of days it will get better...Good Luck!!
    aww, well I hope it works. Right now I just feel sore and I don't know how to describe it other than blah and pain. You know when I was still feeling good waking up I was like "I'll do this again" then when it wore off I was like "Hmm Maybe not" lol
    I do hope it gets better , thanks!
  • I had it C5-7 and the bandage is low on my neck does that mean he did it around c7 or what?
advertisement