Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I'm having my cervical epidural this morning (1st one ever) Wish me luck

advertisement

Comments

• Told you the Versed would make you hungry! LOL, glad to hear you did fine, I knew you would! So, I told you the Versed would make you hungry and it did, I told you ice would help with the pressure/pain later tonight, so if it starts, give it a try! As long as the nurse didn't say NO ice, it's worth a shot(haha) if you start having that intense pressure feeling.

I'm glad you posted, I was just wondering about you!
  • ernurse said:
    Told you the Versed would make you hungry! LOL, glad to hear you did fine, I knew you would! So, I told you the Versed would make you hungry and it did, I told you ice would help with the pressure/pain later tonight, so if it starts, give it a try! As long as the nurse didn't say NO ice, it's worth a shot(haha) if you start having that intense pressure feeling.

I'm glad you posted, I was just wondering about you!
    Yeah, I was hungry craving mcdonalds and I don't eat red meat haha I just got a chicken salad and fries. Yeah, I called the doctors office and they said to use ice 15 mins every one to two hours to be less sore and help the medicine work better. My regular other pains are returning though. I hope at least the injection helps the neck part.
    LOL versed I suppose that's what he gave me. He was telling me what it was, but I don't remember versed but maybe that was the other one lol I just remember him asking me if I was starting to feel good like I was drunk or euphoric on Tequila as some of his patients said...And then I woke up and I was in recovery and was like "Wait am I still in the room, how did I get here...Oh I'm in recovery. darn it I fell asleep."
    And I don't believe that I passed gas, but who knows. lol
    I have a follow up in two weeks. My muscles on my shoulder and a bit of the side of my neck are tight or bugging still. And some nerve head pain , but I think my neck seems ok , sore but ok.
    Tomorrow I'm suppose to do the same thing with heat. Do you think a cervical heating pad is too much or should I use a regular one , hang it over the recliner and let it heat my back and neck?
    Thanks again for wondering about me :)
    Jen
  • advertisement
  • I was wondering how it went for you today. I sure hope you get some relief! Sorry I forgot to mention that you'd be a little sore for a few days, but it is so worth it!! They had me alternate between ice and heat and that helped alot. I have never been asleep for any of my injections. They always give me versed and something else that I can't think of right now, but not enough of anything to sleep through it. And believe me the five caudal injections would have been good to sleep through! Lol! Anyway, please keep us posted on how you are doing.
  • delta_dawn67 said:
    I was wondering how it went for you today. I sure hope you get some relief! Sorry I forgot to mention that you'd be a little sore for a few days, but it is so worth it!! They had me alternate between ice and heat and that helped alot. I have never been asleep for any of my injections. They always give me versed and something else that I can't think of right now, but not enough of anything to sleep through it. And believe me the five caudal injections would have been good to sleep through! Lol! Anyway, please keep us posted on how you are doing.
    It's ok, I figured I would be sore or something. I will definitely ice and heat. I did ice yesterday. Hmm I wonder what they gave me then...I either had the same thing as you and I'm just sensitive and was tired and went to sleep or they gave me something else. I told the guy I didn't want to sleep that I wanted the minimal, but who knows. I did tell him I was nervous. I was mostly nervous before hand, once they got me on the operating table I was mostly ok, but probably still nervous. lol
    I will keep you guys posted on how it works for me.
    jen
  • I am so sorry that I wasn't here for you the day you had your first shot. I know how nervous you've been about this. So how are you feeling now? You should definitely know by now if it has had an affect or not. Mine worked within 3 days. I still wish it could have been a therapeutic dose and I could have avoided my most recent surgery. Let us know if you will be getting number 2 or not. So it wasn't as bad as the you thought it would be huh or was it?
  • advertisement
  • tonya42 said:
    I am so sorry that I wasn't here for you the day you had your first shot. I know how nervous you've been about this. So how are you feeling now? You should definitely know by now if it has had an affect or not. Mine worked within 3 days. I still wish it could have been a therapeutic dose and I could have avoided my most recent surgery. Let us know if you will be getting number 2 or not. So it wasn't as bad as the you thought it would be huh or was it?
    Aww you're so sweet.
    Well I don't think the shot worked. Maybe a tinsy bit, but I'm still having problems like I did before. My dad won't pay for anymore...I will see the PM Doc next week and see what he thinks. They called in a prescription in for my head nerve pain but I don't know what it is. I hope it works for me.
    Thanks for thinking of me.

advertisement