Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

C6-C7 ACDF surgery - agonizing over decision

Comments

• HualaniHualani Big Ilsland HawaiiPosts: 57
    Wow, can many of us relate to this difficult decision. And clarification- you know we cant offer medical advice.
    I dont think any normal human being wants to go in for surgery- if that is any small consolation. technique is so advanced today, many are outpatient, home same day, not even a colllar. its less risky than 10 years ago, but certainly everyone I've spoken to has advised that sooner rather than later is smarter. every individual has a different situation, albeit it makes sense to me if something can heal on its own, after 6 months, if not better, probably wont get better. 
    that being said- Igo in 5 days. from today,and the same surgeon who operated on my lower back 10 years ago.
    Im trying to be in the best possible shape before surgery to foster fusion and healing.  I will be glad when this is behind me,   that said, I know i personally will be better after than I am now. I hope the same goes for you.
    Cheers, keep us in the conversation please.
    Life is too short to be serious all the time.
    so if you cant laugh at yourself, contact me
    I'll laugh at you. B)
  • ATXPAATXP TexasPosts: 2
    I had C 5,6,7 performed 3 1/2 years ago.  Had been in constant pain for years.  Best thing that I ever did.  woke up in recovery, pain free, ate dinner and discharged the next morning!  No regrets!!!

• advertisement
This discussion has been closed.