Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Lyrica and alcohol

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,512
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:34 AM in Pain Medications
As my sciatica has robbed me of the majority of my large pleasures, I've been almost unreasonbly eager to regain one of my small pleasures: beer/wine.

I've been on Tramacet and Arthnotec for about a month, and both have nasty implications when combined with alcohol.

Lyrica, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have any long term effects. Once I've weaned myself off the tramacet, I'm thinking I can finally have a drink.

has anyone else here had alcohol when taking Lyrica?
advertisement

Comments

• Always follow the warnings given for any medication you are taking. If it says to refrain from drinking alcohol, then there's no reason to ask anyone else to "give you permission" to go against your doctors orders.

"C"
  • haglandc said:
    Always follow the warnings given for any medication you are taking. If it says to refrain from drinking alcohol, then there's no reason to ask anyone else to "give you permission" to go against your doctors orders.

"C"
    Oh well you're just a bundle of fun ;-) lmao
  • advertisement
  • haglandc said:
    Always follow the warnings given for any medication you are taking. If it says to refrain from drinking alcohol, then there's no reason to ask anyone else to "give you permission" to go against your doctors orders.

"C"
    Not asking anyone's permission. I'm probably going to try it anyway, just want to see what others have experienced.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,643
    taken lightly. We understand that you did not ask for any permission, but since you asked the question about medications and alcohol., one of our experts responded.

Sure there are many that take wine/beer and more with their medications, I am not going to say that over the years I have not done that myself.
    But you never can tell, there are some medications that mixed with alcohol, you may be ok.... thats not to say its right or what you should do. And there are medications that when mixed with alcohol can produce some serious results and end up in the emergency room.

Please take notice
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • consumed a few beverages while taking Neurontin, but I only take 600mgs just before bed - that said, I limit myself to 2 drinks tops and always allow at least 2 hours to pass after the last drink and taking the med. I've never experienced any side effects from doing this, but I don't do it often - maybe once a week. It is always better to consult your doc. All the best, Mike
  • advertisement
  • with the medication that most of us are on ..our liver have enough to cope with !!{easy for me to say as i don't drink} but as c says read the warnings .with some drugs like narcotics and sedatives ,drink and you risk more that a nasty hang over ..you could die!
    STRAKER
  • I am currently taking 75mg Lyrica once a day for fibromyalgia symptoms. I take this at 10 PM, but I also have a glass of wine (4 oz, 14% alcohol) between 7 and 8 PM. I have noticed no ill effects from this combination, but on one occasion I had an extra half-glass, and the effects of alcohol were significantly enhanced, so I will avoid doing this in future. 
advertisement