Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

My favorite beach.....

Comments

• I love the beach...it is so relaxing to listen to the waves! The breeze,sunshine, and wonderful lazy beach bum days! Of course, in the good old days it was much more fun to boogie board the great waves with my kids! Search for seashells,sharks teeth and other sea treasures or snorkel! Oh, the wonderful memories of the beach!

My favs would be any beach in Oahu! I went once and it truly was paradise! I must get well enough to go visit my son stationed there and enjoy the island at least one more time!

In the meantime, Daytona Beach, Treasure Island, Madiera beach, Venice, Cocoa....many beaches of Fl are my favorites! We have a family resort we have been going to for 20 yrs.in Daytona Beach...great fun with heated indoor pool, outdoor pool w/60 ft. waterslide, hot tub, games like pool side bingo and kids activities all fun and free, just steps down to the beach, perfect for family fun or couples!

Great post...thanks!I'm dreaming of walking the beach and enjoying the beautiful sunset!

Kathy
  • Favorite beach: any sandy beach in the heat of the summer day. I grew up on South Cape Beach on Cape Cod. Six miles of pure white sand....yum!

You say yum, lol. Did you eat the sand as a kid??!!?? Just joking with you.

So we grew up fairly close to each other. I grew up on the South Shore near Plymouth. Got too crowded for me down there, now in peaceful Maine in a town of 1400. I get anxiety attacks every time I drive down that way to see family, lol.

Those rays would have freaked me out too!

Best to you,

Marianne
  • advertisement
  • I'll take fresh water anytime. When I was a kid we used to go to Rangely Lakes and Mount Blue St. Park (ME). When we moved here to NC got a house about 5 miles from a lake. Bought a boat and spent summers on the water with the kids.

Seen most of the coast of Maine, some of NH, MA, RI, FL east coast, Daytona, Miami Beach, couple of years in Key West, west coast FL near St. Pete's, some of NC coast, some of CA coast near Huntington and Malibu. I'd trade them all off for a lake in the mountains. ME and NC mountains are beautiful. Many areas are still untouched by man and still remain natural. most coastline beaches are tourist traps. It's a shame.
  • I love the Rangeley Lake area and Mt. Blue. They are about 2 hours north of where I live now. If I had to choose between living at beach and living near a lake, the lake would win.

Take care,

Marianne
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,562
    its a beautiful man made lake. in 1928, they decided to clear out some land and two towns, damn up one end and then flood it. that is my water haven. only problem is that it is fresh water.
    i grew up with salt water in my hair and nose. i swam most of every beach starting from brooklyn all the way out to montauk point. salt in the air is one thing i do miss so much
    ah jones beach, all white sand, clean powerful surf...
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • advertisement
advertisement