Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

6 week appt. after fusion

fusscaboobffusscaboob Posts: 10
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
my first post op. appt. with my surgeon is coming up on september 9.
i want to ask him alot of questions regarding exactly how damaged my t 11 and 12 vertebrae were.
because i got into an accident i didn't have any previous back problems.
i want to make a list of questions but i'm having a hard time thinking about what kind of questions to ask.
anyone have any ideas?
advertisement

Comments

• there is a lot of really helpful information on this website. i would suggest you read through some of it, particularly the sections dealing with the thoracic spine. it may help to formalize what you want to ask the doctor. i would get a note pad and jot down questions as you think of them and take it with you to your appointment. you might start here:

https://www.spine-health.com/conditions/upper-back-pain/all-about-upper-back-pain

https://www.spine-health.com/treatment/spinal-fusion/multilevel-spinal-fusion-surgery-risks-and-recovery
  • They can show you how messed up things were. They probably took xrays, etc. before surgery. I just had my nine-month check up and my surgeon and I went over my pictures before surgery and how things are now. The bottom of my spine kind of looked like a pile of broken dishes before surgery. It's looking pretty good now. Straighter, stronger, leveler. Pictures are often worth a thousand words as they say. And pictures of a well-healing spine are worth billions!

Linda

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • advertisement