Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

How serious is nerve damage (please I need help)

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,082
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Scoliosis
I'm 22 years old next month and I've had kyphosis (73 degrees), scoliosis (11 degrees) and Lordosis (9 degrees) since I was 13 and it's been getting worse. Last week I was sitting down normally, watching tv, when I had a severe, sharp pain in my upper back (which is weird because my pain is usually lower-mid back) and it lasted about an hour. Since then my back has been in a lot of pain and I've had a tingling feeling all up my back and it has even moved into my arms and legs a little bit. It's starting to worry me especially since I can't get into my doctor until sept. 10th (my doctor is ridiculously hard to get into).

The pain and tingling has been getting worse so I'm wondering if I should be worried about serious effects or if nerve damage is just minor.

I see a neurosurgeon Sept. 8th, as well. I'm hoping I can get the surgery to be honest I'm too young to feel as lousy as I do. Anyone had the surgery, btw, because I'm a little curious as to how that works.

Any help would be much appreciated.
advertisement

Comments

• I just wanted to say welcome to spine-health. I don't have experience with this type of surgery, but I'm sure others will be along soon. You've found a great support site, and I look forward to seeing your posts.
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • How did the appt. go? If you have any questions regarding scoli fusion surgery, just ask and I'll do my best.
  • advertisement
This discussion has been closed.