Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Hello friends

advertisement

Comments

• why not try getting on the floor and crawling around with the kids. if i were your child id love it. seeing those happy kid faces might break up your gloom. as for walking i would do a few steps just so youre not sitting so long. sitting puts the most strain on disks....pete
  • Thanks all very much. After about 80 hours of the 1st injection, it does seem like it did work a bit. However, strange that the other side seems to be hurting now which never did ;). Maybe I need a Psychiatrist lol. I have been resting since Saturday and just trying to walk a little bit. Thanks again for the advice, I guess I'll post changes everyday to see how I progress. Also if anyone has any other advice, please feel free, I will be so thankful
  • advertisement
  • Also, has anyone tried the Swopper chair (swopper.com)
  • Severe right side sciatica pain since June 09. I could not even walk more than 5 steps.
    Here's what I have done so far, I am mentioning so if anyone else has L5S1 large herniation can try to benefit:
    1) Medrol dose pack
    2) Complete bed rest for 21 days ( I kow a lot of websites say rest for more than 1-2 days is not good. At this point I disagree!). I bed rested until all the inflammation and pain came down.
    3)4 weeks of Accupuncture, massage and electric stem (3 times/week)
    4) 1 ESI
    5)Swimming since the last 2 weeks.
    6)More intense McKenzie's since the last 2 weeks.

2 weeks ago, met a neurosurgoen, who wanted to operate me the next day. I asked if I could by 2-3 weeks. I left his office, went to the pool and started ths excercise regime with an Indian therapist. I am glad to say the situation seems to be a lot lot better. If any of you know how to swim, please please go into the pool. DO gentle and light swimming.
    Please let me know if anyone has questions that I can answer. I had/have according to my MRI one of the worst herniations and this helped me. I hope it can help some of you friends who are in pain. I say NO to surgery until I HAVE tO.

P.S: thIS worked for me. May not work for anyone else. Please consult your doctor before trying anything new.
  • just curious about the kind of exercises the therapist gave you. thats so wonderful. i would keep it up and maybe you should swim for the rest of your life. what a great way to keep the back strong....pete
  • advertisement
advertisement