Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Need Practical Solution Ideas - Litter Box Cleaning After Surgery

advertisement

Comments

• After I read your post, I wondered what I would do if I didn't have my husband because we have 2 cats.
    I thought about it several times and that really is a problem. I was watching the View yesterday, the 7th of Oct. and they were showing new products. There was a litter box that only needs to be changed every 90 days. I am sure it would be on their website. It was $300.00 but if I were in a position where I had no options I would probably buy it and then pay a neighborhood kid to change it. It has a special kind of litter that is like filtered. That is a real problem, I hope you can come up with a solution.
  • I admit I'm a bit OCD when it comes to cleaning, but 3 months.. that's just.. nasty. Even if you scoop the poo frequently, there's still the issue of the cats climbing in and digging around in 90-day-old, urine-soaked, bacteria-ridden litter, then walking all over your house, sitting on your furniture, walking on your kitchen counters.. :sick:

I can't imagine a thing they could do to a litter that would allow me go 90 days without changing it and not lose my mind. 8}

Probably the only exception to that would be a Cat Genie, but in my book, that's a toilet not a litter box. I'd love to have one of those, but I have too many cats. But then, I'd rather have too many cats.. 'cause they love me and keep me warm in the winter! :))(

• advertisement
  • this was really something and it wasn't disgusting,
    it was really quite something - if you could talk
    a cat into using it. If I didn't have someone to
    change a litter box, that would be quite a problem.
    I hope she finds a solution.