Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

now im upset

mommatialuvmmommatialuv Posts: 269
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Has anyone else had this problem, last night, this is so embarrassing, I wet the bed, thats right, pee'd in the bed. I was so upset, i cried for an hour. I was sleeping in it, i woke up when my husband came to bed and was covering me up because i had kicked off my blanket. He was great and said it was probably just my new nerve med making me sleep so heavily, i just didnt wake up. I was still upset, has anyone else experienced this. I dont think it is cauda equina or anything like that because when he woke me my bladder was still full (even though the bed was very wet,must have been earlier)and when i woke up this morning it was full. i made it to the bathroom both times.
Please let me know what you think, i dont even want to sleep anymore, or should i give up my nerve med? I still feel like crying all the time.
advertisement

Comments

• I do not wish to worry you unnessisarily - Call your Dr. Now! Not realizing the control on the bladder is lose is certainly reason to let the Dr know what is up. There is no reason for embarassnent. This does happen, it is because the body thinks that it is functioning fine and the reality is that it is not. Now - call and get in to see him/her ASAP. If there are problems with both 1 and 2, Go to the ER now!

Your concern is valid - go do something to find out what the problem is and take some of the worry away.

I hope your feeling better!
  • Do not give up your nerve medicine...certainly without consulting with your doctor. Have you had surgery?

I would assume you do not have CES but you might want to read through the following information just so you are aware of the facts: http://www.caudaequina.org/definition.html

Do not be embarrassed -- I know -- easier said than done. Lots of weird things happen when we have spinal problems. This is not something to be ignored -- well, it might be, but not until you speak with your doctor and s/he tells you to ignore it! There is probably a simple reason for it.

Let us know what you find out.

Gwennie
  • advertisement
  • Yes I had TLIF with BMP on 8/31/09. I have been on Norco since discharge and Neurotin(probably spelled wrong) for 3 days. I called my Doc and had to leave a message for th PA. I hope to hear back soon. This has really upset me, I am so tired but afraid to sleep. I know it may sound silly to some but this is a big deal to me. I am so sad, I find myself crying now for no apparent reason, tears just flow. I dont want to bring anyone down, but have nowhere else to go for support.
  • sorry same post twice.
  • OK- Have you talked to your Dr about your emotional side? He/She really needs to know. I know for me, that I don't have a problem shedding a tear when it is appropriate, but I am like most guys, kind of like sandpaper on the outside. it takes a lot to get through my rough surface. This is scary and it does not matter how old we are or what the issue is, some things are just going to "get" us worse than others.

I was on one medication - until the last 90 days, that gave me night sweats, to the point where I was SOAKING the bed in a single night. WET - I put a garbage bag under my side of the bed and a beach towel over it, Then I placed a beach towel on top of the sheet and I hung the towel up each night to dry. There were times that I wondered what was "leaking" from me -it was that bad. I was going to grab a bag of the adult huggies -if that is what it took to feel "Safe". It is really a matter of coming up with things that make us feel secure, even when stuff is happening that is not nice!

Sometimes these changes scare us, they need to be addressed and either ruled out or fixed, then we can feel better -because we have addressed them and allowed ourselves to be in charge of them. It is our decision, we can do nothing -and worry- or take control of our care and make sure that we are being treated with respect. This is not about being rude with anyone, just about using the Golden Rule, on everything. "Do unto others, as we would have them do unto us"

You will feel better as the answers start to come out!
  • advertisement
  • mommatialuv said:
    sorry same post twice.
    Easy to take care of. Just send a PM to any moderator or authority member and we can take care of the duplicated posts.

"C"
  • Oh yes, of course immediately report to your doc.

Next, like Centurion said, sleep on extra stuff! Steal, I mean borrow, some rewashable chux pads from hospital to sleep on or do the garbage bag/beach towel thing.

I can see how you might feel embarrassed, but it's not like you are doing it on purpose! Maybe it is just from heavy sleep(what a miracle), but I am glad to hear you've called the doc. Push for immediate call and let us know, we really do want to know.

If it makes you feel any better, I can remember once having a dream where I thought I was awake and walking to the bathroom , instead, I was actually dreaming I was on toilet. LOTS of adults have at least an episode in their lives and is nothing shameful to us here.

Seriously, tho, please let us know what your doc says.

Angie
  • I talked to the PA. She said that since I still have sensatin and control during the day, it was probably just because I was in a deep sleep and just didnt wake up. She thinks my body is trying to catch up on months of not sleeping well. She also said to keep her posted on my mood. The meds can cause depression, this is the first time I have felt so sad. I am going to try and take a nap now, hopefully I will wake up dry and in a better mood. I am trying to stay positive, but the wet bed really threw me off. Thanks for the continued support.
  • Maybe you should get checked for a urinary tract infection because it does cause you to be incontinent. I also know about the embarrassment of bed wetting because it happened to me too. It wasn't CES; I couldn't wake up in time because of all the meds I take. There were times I didn't quite make it to the bathroom and I'd have to call out for the Swiffer mop. Talk about embarrassing!
  • thank you all for your support. Thank God the wet bed was a one time thing "so far" :) I am going to call my doc again tomorrow about my general down feeling, as well as the fact that I dont think my meds are working well anymore, I am having more pain sooner. They wear off before the next scheduled dose. I still am having issues when I use my bone stimulator, it increases pain. I hate the thought of more or stronger meds as I find myself sleeping or laying in bed most of the time now already. My energy level is very low, and I cant even make a walk around the block anymore, I either have to much pain or not enough energy, often both. I am changing PT facilities I dont feel I was getting good care where I was. No feedback from therapist and no request for feedback from me. My last session, Monday, caused pain but there was no one to tell untill my timer went off, then it was to late. I know I was doing at least 1 excersize wrong but there was no one with me to discuss it with. Hopefully the new place will be better, but there is a 2 week wait for an appointment.
    As always thanks for listening.
advertisement