Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

now im upset

advertisement

Comments

• I am having a problem myself. Twice this week now i have not been able to stop my urine from flowing.

I have a cervical nerve impengment and severe spinal stenosis.I am calling my Dr. in the morning and see what she thinks is going on.

THis is very very worrysome and could end up so embarasing.

it has not happend to me at night but both times during the day with no warning.

I do understand what your feeling I too am 45. We shouldnt be having this kind of thing going on at this age.

Best of luck.
  • Im sorry to hear you are having this problem. Mine was a one time thing (so far) you need to call your doc. Yous is during the day, while you are awake, and that makes a difference. It could just be a bladder problem, but please let your doc know, so proper testing can be done. You dont want to wait to long and have a permanant problem. I will keep you in my prayers, please let me know how everything turns out.
  • advertisement
  • On meds and mood-do have to say that getting an anti-depressant helped me personally, but I went through a lot of complications. Know that most folks here seem to report some sort of mood changes, at least temporary, so I think it's normal for this kind of surgery or at least usual.

There's a lot of research on the depression and pain cycle, they both feed off of and into each other. Also, it does take about 4 weeks for antidepressants to kick in, though you may feel the medicine helping regulate your sleep much sooner.

Just make sure no Tramadol/Ultram and anti-depressants, not a good combo.

Darn, your PT place sounds weird! No one supervising you? Glad you are switching.
  • Thanks everyone for the support, my Doc is increasing my Neurontin 300mg every 3 days until i have pain relief with activity.
    Im pretty sure it is affecting my mood, but it is only bad when I am home alone everyday while my hubby works and my son is in day care 10-11 hours per day.
    I cant drive bacause of the meds, and only feel comfortable enough to walk to the mailbox alone.(it is a cluster box a cluster box about 4 houses down the street).
    I am off PT until my meds are doing thier job, then I will go somewhere else.
  • I glad you were smarter than me and talked to your doctor about the problem.

It happened to me twice about a year and a half ago. To make a long story short I just figured it was due to the medication I was taking.

In Feb. of '08 I was prescribe 10mg of Baclofin 3X's a day and the 1st night I took them I had an accident. Several months later when they increased the dosage to 20mg I had another accident the 1st night I took it.

Stupidly, I was too embarrassed to bring it up with my doc. Like I said I just figured since both accidents happened coincidently with taking a new med I just figured that was the problem since I haven't had an accident since April of last year.

However, to this day it still bothers me to the point where sometimes I have problems getting a good night sleep worrying that it's going to happen again. Whenever I wake up in the middle of the night I get out of bed and head straight to the bathroom to empty myself whether or not I have to go.

• advertisement
  • I still make sure my bladder is empty before I go to bed and when I wake up during the night.I guess I will do that forever now.
    My bigger concern now is regulating my Neurontin to ease the pain wihout completely knocking me out. And dealing with the lonliness/helplessnes I feel when I am home alone all day during the week. I cant call frineds becaue they are all at work. I am supposed to call my doc Monday to update on how my neurontin is working with increasing my dose every few days since last week. It is hard, i increased my morning dose to 600mg today and had to sleep another 8 hours before i could function. I missed half of my saturday while my family was home. I now take 600 in the morning 300 midday and 600 at night. The night is fine because I want to sleep then, but the moring was terrible, the 300 midday doesnt knock me out, but I still have pain. I am also still taking Norco every 6 hours while awake. Im sure that when mix it with the Neurontin that it affects my sleepiness more. Anyway at 26 days post op i must admit i am tired and frustrated trying to feel just human again during the day. I'm sorry this is so long and sounds "complaining" but I am just tired. Thanks all for your support, if you have any ideas or suggestions,I'm all ears.
    Thanks, Shirley
  • Just to lighten things up, I thought i would tell you a story that has nothing to do with my surgery, but fits this topic. I have been mortified twice once while i was on a new antibiotic for something it caused be to have rampant diarrhea and of course it hit me as i was driving home on my first day of taking it. I knew i was in trouble when i was about a block away, but clenched things together and prayed and drove real fast. just as i past my mailbox and went up my driveway all hell broke loose and out it all came. I couln't stop it at all!! I parked in my garage and thought about what to do, i figured i would sneek into the house and jump into the shower and then sneak out and clean out the car. But as fate would have it as soon as the garage door closed, my husband and kids opened the small house door to welcome me home just as i was getting out of the car with you know what running down my pants!!! Needless to say, this is one family secret that they are threatened with dire punishment if they talk about it!!!
    The other embarassing thing is I was camping one and took an ambien to fall asleep and dreamed i was peeing and of course, woke up and had peed all over myself!! LIFE HAS A WAY OF HUMBLING THE BEST OF US!!!
  • Just to lighten things up, I thought i would tell you a story that has nothing to do with my surgery, but fits this topic. I have been mortified twice once while i was on a new antibiotic for something it caused be to have rampant diarrhea and of course it hit me as i was driving home on my first day of taking it. I knew i was in trouble when i was about a block away, but clenched things together and prayed and drove real fast. just as i past my mailbox and went up my driveway all hell broke loose and out it all came. I couln't stop it at all!! I parked in my garage and thought about what to do, i figured i would sneek into the house and jump into the shower and then sneak out and clean out the car. But as fate would have it as soon as the garage door closed, my husband and kids opened the small house door to welcome me home just as i was getting out of the car with you know what running down my pants!!! Needless to say, this is one family secret that they are threatened with dire punishment if they talk about it!!!
    The other embarassing thing is I was camping one and took an ambien to fall asleep and dreamed i was peeing and of course, woke up and had peed all over myself!! LIFE HAS A WAY OF HUMBLING THE BEST OF US!!!
  • thanks for the laugh. it always helps. :)
  • Glad you're feeling better.

For what it's worth, there's a certain antibiotic that makes me pee the bed. My doc said it's a side effect that usually only old people have - he flagged my records that I was allergic to it.

Regards,
    Jasro
advertisement