Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Internal Vibrations : Am I going insane?

advertisement

Comments

• Al DixonAAl Dixon Posts: 1
    edited 08/12/2015 - 7:35 PM
    Hi I have got this in the back of my neck constantly it makes my head moving slightly side to side it drives me insane I can not think straight most of the time I thought it was just me until I have just looked it up I am gonna have to go to the docs I'm just scared that they will think I'm crazy but something needs to get sorted cause I can't live like this that's how bad it gets

Please click on link for helpful information
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Liz -spine-health moderator
  • Does any one have panic anxiety issues? I have been vibrating for 10 years, but this condition scares me so, it follow to a panic attack, my question is the chicken or the egg? I posted in March with my email please feel free to contact me!
  • advertisement
  • NancyMNNancyM Posts: 1
    edited 09/04/2015 - 11:17 PM
    i feel like I'm going nuts. This vibration started today head to toe after riding in a car for 12 hrs. We stopped frequently to walk the dogs and refuel. I never felt this way before. I have MS and I have also had a fusion of L4-5-6-7. Now I am faced with a hip replacement. Getting old sucks! I hate this vibration!

Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    ~ spine-health moderator, savage
  • JuliecarinJJuliecarin Posts: 1
    edited 09/18/2015 - 6:12 PM
    I recently had a back injury and about three days after the injury I started to vibrate inside all the time, I can however sleep at night. It is a terribly unsettling feeling-it is as if someone has plucked a guitar string and I am experiencing the reverberation. When I am tired or sore it is worse, and during the day when I am busy it is less apparent than at night when I am lying in bed and there are few distractions. Physiotherapist and GP have told me to ask the other, exercise therapist has also told me to discuss it with GP. No one on my medical team seems to have ever heard of this happening without ceasing, they all thought it was normal reaction after the first week but now they think I am a little crazy, so finding people on the web that feel these things is helpful. And yes I too was asked if I had anxiety, I do not, I am a calm, practical woman and when I worry I tend to swear not have all day long internal tremors that no one can see. Ugh I imagine I wI'll have a number of inconclusive tests as
    many of you have mentioned. there is one thing that has occurred to me that seems very unusual and I wondered if anyone else on this site has felt - I was very sore and had been sitting for about 30 minutes, then I got up to pour coffee at a meeting and I felt and could hear a sound like an electrical short, a sizzling kind of sound, and I came close to dropping the coffee pot. It only happened the once and lasted seconds. The tremors feel like they start under my rib cage, left side which took the hardest blow in the accident i had. They then radiate from there to my limbs, jaw , eyes and head, my heart seems to beat faster and my ears feel as if they were underwater. It is like fingernails across a chalk board for me - very unpleasant. MThanks to everyone who Johan's posted, I definitely do not feel alone with this anymore.

Welcome to Spine-Health
    ~ spine-health moderator, savage
    Julie M
  • Sheri76Sheri76 Michigan Posts: 639
    edited 09/18/2015 - 9:05 PM
    None of my symptoms were to of any severity or had lasting affects as previous posts...but just in case I will put them out there.

Many years ago I suffered with some vibration and pain in jaw, and ear area... also clicking or cracking of jaw when moved mouthed just right, so was easy to pinpoint cause... was TMJ, from jaw being out of alignment? Went to chiropractor, took a few sessions but haven't had trouble since. I am sure issue started after having dental work, having mouth open too wide for too long.

Other time was like a butterfly beating its wings inside a long cylinder down in pelvic area, from pubic area to midway to navel. It lasted for over half hour, only a few times in a course of a week. I'm pretty sure it was a kidney stone working its way out, since months later I was diagnosed with an UTI. I've had kidney stones before, but with the excruciating pain, no gentle tapping butterflies.

Hoping you all find some relief..... Soon!

• advertisement
  • whariwharangi said:
    Has anyone checked for low frequency or infrasonic environmental noise? Sources such as generators, HVAC, Hot tubs, etc. Low frequency noise can have the effects described here. The problem is measuring it because the tools required are expensive
    I am just reading through the comments and am amazed to find that this phenomenon exists. I spent 5 day s thinking my furnace or the plumbing pipes were vibrating and making the floor boards vibrate, and in turn my chair or bed. I shut off the HVAC and then still felt the shaking and wondered how that could be - from a tiny 6" fan running upstairs on a table? - from the hot water heater? - can't be but I was worried my house was going to blow up it was such strong vibration sensation. Sometimes it is strong and other times less so. I the felt the same sensation at work today and my colleague seemed to confirm she felt it too but now I think she was just saying, don't worry the building is quake proof (we aren't in quake prone area). Then I had an appointment at the end of the day and as soon as I sat down in the chair at the office where my appointment was and I felt the vibrating. That is when I started to think I am going crazy. I thought how illogical to feel this all over town, and then I thought maybe I'm imagining it. Or maybe there is a medical issue. I am less worried about my furnace system now and hope I don't continue to have all this vibrating. It kept me awake! I still think I felt a low frequency of noise from the various heating systems - home, work, other office building. I had some crazy hypotheses going in my head before I found this blog.
    Jane Poulin
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• I'm writing on behalf of my younger sister, who has Down Syndrome and started having these internal vibration symptoms in January of 2015. This symptom appeared while she was in the process of getting over Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia. At first we thought this symptom was perhaps a strange symptoms of the Fibro and that it would eventually go away like her other Fibro symptoms. But this was not the case. Although we have cured her of the Fibro and the CFS, the internal vibrations have continued and worsened, as they are now much rougher and the buzzing and humming sounds are much louder. We are desperate to find her some kind of relief. So far, doctors have NOT been helpful--we actually cured her of the CFS and Fibromyalgia on our own, by doing lots of research and following various nutritional protocols posted online by experts. Anyway, my email is akasper4@optonline.net and I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone interested in sharing stories and trying to figure out how to treat this terrible condition.
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• llontinelllontine Posts: 1
    edited 11/12/2015 - 6:41 PM
    I have read your post and believe me you are not alone. You have described my problem almost to a t. I have many of your symptoms and it is no joke. I have had those same vibrations down by the groin area as well as my upper chest. I have had just about every test you can have. Blood test, ultra sounds, monitors,stress test. colonoscopy, endoscopy ,lung ex-rays I ended up having a procedure done called an ablation. My doctor was sure it was due to the pvc's (premature ventricular contractions) I was having and I'm very sad to say that was not the problem. I can't sleep, they wake me up and it is going on 24/7. I can't watch T.V. without moving around just wishing it would go away. It is affecting my quality of life and just keep praying that someone out there can help. Its been almost 2 years and seems to be getting worse.
    Would love to hear from anybody who might have some answers. Thank you, Loretta

Please click on this link for spine-health information
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Liz. Spine-health Moderator
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.