Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Just Trying to Help Fellow Spineys

advertisement

Comments

• On a Car forum I am a member of that went off on someone about poor spelling in an add for parts. He went on and on about how he did not trust those people because after all how smart could they possibly be? I mean they are selling carparts and good grammar is essential to making people know you know what you are talking about.

The guys was roasted alive on the forum! I mean really, we were just a bunch of car guys, not linguists!
    My dad can fix darn near anything mechanical, but only has a 6th grade education because he quit to work on the farm!

Puhleez, Give people a break! Here we are just a bunch of peeple in pane, Sew watt if we kant spel wel?
  • Seriously? I don't know what to say! Somebody write this down! Dawn was speechless today!! Lol!
    Ok words are coming to me! But I will be sure to sensor them! Don't want to bring myself down to the level of the idiot who clearly needs to get a life!
    I know it takes all kinds to make the world go round! But is spineys deal with enough in our lives. We should be exempt from dealing with morons like that!
    Robin I sure hope you didn't let that idiot ruin even a second of your day! I enjoy reading your posts! And I don't care if you misspell a word. Shoot who doesn't?

And as for the principal, Mr. Nasty!!! ROFLMAO!! Thanks for that I think we all needed a good laugh!
  • advertisement
  • There are people out there who have that type of personality where everthing has to be perfect - I am one.. BUT I only expect ME to be perfect and not necessarily everyone else. I agree it was a bit over the edge to address that at all.

BUT, if someone had an issue with anything I've ever printed, I would rather it be in a PM. Hopefully, who-ever it was has gotten the message that in the grand scheme of things - spelling's not all THAT important.
  • Dear Robin,

Please know that we appreciate you and we are thankful to have you here on Spine-Health.

You have such a kind heart and you help so many people who are hurting and are in need of support from others. We know we can come to you for a shoulder to lean on and you have a way with making the tough times much easier to get through.

It's a shame you had to receive a PM pointing out a misspelled word. We aren't at "work" (services rendered for monetary purposes) here on Spine-Health. It's a place to hang out in our jammies, sweats and comfy socks. Most of us are on narcotic medication and mistakes are going to happen with our grammar and spelling. Heck, I've received messages from a member who was still in the hospital! I was happy to just get a message from the person. I could never be judgemental over a misspelled word from a person in pain? Let's get real.

We love ya, Robin.

Tammy

P.S. Hope the healing is going well since your surgery. Please keep us posted with your recovery.

• It doesn't matter about the spelling we can understand!
    http://www.spine-health.com/forum/lighten-and-brighten/can-you-read-out-loud-me Take care Robin. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • advertisement
  • You made me smile: "It's a place to hang out in our jammies, sweats and comfy socks."

Wouldn't it be really really cool to be able to "work from home" like that?

(hey - a girl can dream, can't she?)
  • Hi Jeux,

You made me smile... by knowing I made you smile! :)

Yes indeed... a girl can definitely dream.

(I get some weird ones on Ambien, though. We won't count those!)

Hugs to you,

Tammy :)
  • I don't know how I can feel the least bit bad when I have so many wonderful friends here for me. I know it was silly to take it so personally, but I was having one of those bad pain days and it just struck me wrong. Anyway, all the warm thoughts and sentiments make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. You are all the best, and I have some work to do to be as good as you all say I am. Hugs and Happy Days to all.. >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • :D :D :D

OMG, in this world of texting and twittering and whatevering -- someone corrected your spelling -- I guess that person should be on the obsessive compulsive forum (LOL!).

Ditto everything everyone already said to you in the above posts.

Your are loved Robin, just as you are! >:D< >:D<

Judy
  • That is about the most petty thing I have heard of here on SH, and I've been around here for over 3 years. It is great to see you didn't let it bother you, and like Jeaux said, hopefully whomever sent it to you has received a message loud and clear from those who have supported you here.

I enjoy reading your comments. You are a great contributor here on SH. I try to be a good speller, but sometimes my fingers get ahead of each other and I transpose characters, like teh or htat. I should slow down, but hey, it isn't that big of a deal.

I hope you heal well with the tumor removal. keep posting!

Cindy
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
advertisement