Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Successful L5/S1 Surgery?

advertisement

Comments

• Well I had a severe rupture they where not sure if the micro would work cause it was a large rupture. I had severe foot drop and could barely walk. I realy felt like i had no choice being in pain or try to get better and be produtive. Im almost a yr out and doing great. It took longer to heal theni guessed it would. I work in a plywood plant and was back to work in three months mind you i have a great crew that work under me and they know me and how hard i work so they are still doing the relay hard stuff but they did realy carry me for a few months. I find all paople heal at different rates. I am just now feeling comfortable to jog or run. I do alot of walking and work on the core muscles alot. I do still have some pain and have had days where i was scared out of my mind that i might have to have a fusion cause the doc said any problems well fuse you. Well i hope you have great succes in your choice. Take it easy and go at your own pace. I will not do anything im not comfortable doing. Even though i could before surgery.
  • bmborgia--
    I am almost at the same point you are except my worst pain is in my left butt cheek. I do have have burning pain in my left leg and foot, my pain med is not helping much at all. Plus an awful pins and needles sensation from my butt cheek to my toes. I am due MD surgery in 10 days and I cannot wait.
    The Surgeon has assured me that I will get relief on the the butt and leg pain. The ache in my spine, L-4--L-5 area is doubtful for some reason.
    I hope you find the relief you need soon. Good luck.
    C3-4-5 fusion 2005
    C-5-T-1 disk bulged
    L-4-5 bulge to the right, with Microdiscectomy, failed
    L5- Bi-Lateral bulge
    Pain in right foot -loss of feeling
    Left butt, hip and front thigh pain with bad shooting pain into inside ankle sometimes
  • advertisement
  • I only had microdiscectomies because I ran out of options. I was in so much pain and depressed that the quality of life diminished drastically. I lost a lot of weight, couldn't work, sleep (pain kept me awake)..... the list could go on.

I can't say with 100% certainty that the surgeries were successful, but I gotten my life back. I am not totally pain-free and may be never will be.