Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Night Sweats anyone?!?!

hope4leohhope4leo Posts: 199
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I wake up several times a night with horrible night sweats. This has only started the last couple weeks ago. I am retaining a lot fluid and am still VERY swollen from my 360 fusion done 3 weeks ago. Could this be the fluid just leaving my body? Last night it was so bad that I had to change night clothes and pillowcase and sheets. My husband thinks its my medication but it only happens at night. I take Oxycotin 20mg 2x a day, oxycotin 10 2x a day, Soma 1 every 8 hours, Percoset 2 every 6 hours, Cymbalta 60 mg 1 every night

Thanks for any words of wisdom you can send my way!!~
Shannon
advertisement

Comments

• I too suffer from night sweats and also day sweats. I take fentanyl and oxycodone, which is percoset without tylenol. I am not sure if meds are the cause. I just know that it didnt start till I was on oxy meds and fentanyl. I am also 49 and think that might have something to do with it.
  • hysterectomy but kept my ovaries due to my age (35 at the time) so maybe I am starting menopause? Ya think??? I guess I never thought of that really

Shannon~
  • advertisement
  • I too! Here is how I handle them. I put a beach towel under my side of the bed and one on top ot the sheet too. That way , when it is a bad night for the sweating. I just pull off the towel, grab another and I am back to being dry and comfortable quickly.

I dis-like having to make the bed, just because I have had a bad night. Sot this makes it fast and easy to deal with.

Hope things are better - C45