Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pain Pump Appontment

Comments

• :T

So, I am not logical. :$

I won't tell if you don't #o

• What if a patient is not all that versed in medical terminology or side effects, and trust in our physicians to KNOW what they are talking about? I mean, after all - my doctor went to college for several long years and graduated with a degree, where I only have a high school diploma. It says right there in my file I had a bad reaction to some vaccine or drug; yet there's this NEW IMPROVED version and he thinks I need it to keep me healthy. Or, ok = forget the vaccine. Let's say it's some new procedure.

What do I do? Do I challenge his knowledge of all things medical and tell him no - I think he is wrong? Who am I to challenge this? I mean if I can't trust the doctor who has been taking care of my medical needs, someone I chose , I'm in trouble.

Granted, that's just an example of what a good many people go through. The elderly for example. The doctors are sending them here and there for tests and procedures and one appointment after another.

We can't all be as smart as, if not smarter, than the doctors who treat us.

Kudos to those who are.

• advertisement
  • I think the topic is drifting a little bit. The point being made is that Patsy and her Doctors suspect she may have been allergic to something in the SCS implant. Her Doctor is pushing her to get a pump implant. It's in Patsy's best interest to push for a test to make sure she is not allergic to anything that the pain pump is made of. Any surgery or procedure she has treating her pain is elective. She is the one who needs to start forcing the issue.

Dave