Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Does anyone else hear "clicks" in their head when their back cracks?

advertisement

Comments

• Briht, that's pretty interesting, I do have tinnitis, but like you mentioned, it's constant and not momentary. Maybe it's a different form of tinnitis?

Out of Control, also interesting, I know exactly what you're talking about! I've had that since I was really young. I've now wondered, if it has something to do with my sinuses. I used to get really bad ear infections when I was little, and I remember asking my doctor once about it. Even at such a young age (like maybe 7-ish) I remember him looking at me like I was a big weirdo and seemingly thinking "silly little girl" lol. Now that I'm thinking about it, I usually only experience that when I'm having sinus issues, or have a "head cold". I can actually make it happen just normally too, it's like a low, deep rumbling/vibration in my ears. Don't ask me how I can make it happen, I can't explain it, it's kind of like being able to flex some kind of muscle in behind my jaw by my ear drums, or something. I know, it's weird, but that's the only way I can explain it.
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • I have trouble with the lower part of my back and I can feel the the bones click not pop when every thing is relaxed. I've noticed it in the shower or after I'd had the moist heat and tens on my back. I've mentioned it to the doctor but he either doesn't hear me or doesn't feel it's a problem. As for things cracking my fingers and toes crack when I bend them. Sometimes I sound like a bag of egg shells.
  • advertisement
  • They actually touched on this on the TV show "The Doctors" a while ago. They gave several reasons. Air accumulation around the joint - pops as it releases, another was mild movement of the ligaments, could be rubbing of spurs. If arthritis is causing it, mild or worse pain can be felt. I use to think it was just air trapped somehow. Dunno, but thought I'd toss it in as food for thought.

For me, I am more inclined (for my neck) to go with ligament movement, since much of it increased after each surgery...

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
This discussion has been closed.