Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Failed SCS Trial

Comments

• The reason is because my pain levels are high right now and they think I am on a high enough dosage. They dont think going up in my dosage is the answer to combating my pain. They think I am having the adverse reactions to the pain meds..they think the pain meds are what is causing my increased pain..which I think is BS.

I meet with my main PM doctor next week. I havent spoken to her in a while. I have been meeting with a different doctor (he's like the head of the Pain Clinic) bc of the SCS. And he is the one that proposed me going to all meds.
    So I am interested in what my regular PM doctor take will be on it. She has been my doctor since the beginning so and I am pretty anxious to let her know how this all makes me feel.
    At the same time, I dont want her take it the wrong way. We are all put in such a terrible situation with the Opiate Stigmas put out there. If we cry that we dont want them to take us off the meds, god forbid it be because we are being sincere...its most likely (in their eyes) bc we are addicted to them and have become drug seekers. Its constantly running through my head that they think I am a drug seeker now and I have no idea why. Even my psychiatrist suggested it and he said I should confront them about it. I would have no idea how to confront them about it and the last thing I would want to do right now is rock the boat.

I currently live in NY, and next week I am going to California and hopefully (waiting for a call back today) going to see a doctor at Cedars-Sinai. They have a huge Spine Clinic there and if I find someone that wants to help me there, I would take the plunge and move all the way across the country. I am THAT desperate.

Thanks for reading.

Alina
  • I haven't a bit of advice. I just want you to know that I feel so bad you're having to go through all of this. Please don't be broken. Be in pain but be whole and be in pain. It sounds like you are if you're trying to be seen at a doc in LA. I'm curious what your regular PM doc has to say about the (to me) crazy theory that the pain meds are actually making your pain worse. I definitely think it makes sense to research the best possible spine surgeon you can find and go and see him/her and, as it has been said before, KEEP FIGHTING. That's what whole people do. Alina, you are not broken. Susan
  • advertisement
This discussion has been closed.